Peggy R. Cook
Peggy R. Cook
July 2004 – 2007
|Preceded by||Darnell Earley|
|Succeeded by||Darryl Buchanan|
|City Council Member|
1991 – July 2004
|Succeeded by||Joshua Freeman|
|Constituency||4th Ward, City of Flint|
|Born||July 8, 1939|
|Died||December 24, 2011 (aged 72)|
Grand Blanc Township, Michigan
|Spouse(s)||Robert “Bob” Cook|
Cook was a community organizer on the East side of Flint in its 4th Ward, where she involved in neighborhood associations and starting neighborhood foot patrol.
In 1991, Cook was elected to the Flint City Council. She continue to get reelected and served until July 2003. At that time, Flint Mayor Don Wiliamson appointed Cook as City Administrator. In 2007, Cook was on extended sick leave for six months while a councilman, Scott Kincaid, question whether or not she had enough sick time accumulated. The Flint City Benefit Manager indicated that a city ordinance allows for extended sick pay at 75% pay. Her husband Bob was also serving as the City's director of parks and recreation.
In December 2007, Cook was replaced as Flint City Administrator, only to return in March 2008 as governmental operations director replacing former State Senator Joe Conroy until Williamson resigned from office of the Mayor in 2009.
- Kolade, Sherri (December 26, 2011). "Former Flint Councilwoman Peggy R. Cook dies at 73". Flint Journal. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- Kolade, Sherri (December 26, 2011). "Former city officials recall former Flint City Councilman Peggy Cook as involved in community, kind". Flint Journal. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "COOK, Peggy R." Obituaries. Swartz Funeral Home. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- Johnston, Jeff (November 28, 2007). "Flint city administrator on sick leave for six months". Flint Journal. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- Raymer, Marjory (December 3, 2007). "Buchanan accepts top Flint post, now faces City Council". Flint Journal. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- Lawlor, Joe (March 21, 2008). "Former administrator returns to Flint City Hall in top leadership job". Flint Journal. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
| City Administrator of Flint
|| Flint City Councilor, Ward 4