|Alma mater||San Diego State University[BSEE]|
Peggy Johnson currently serves as Microsoft's Executive Vice President of Business Development.Before joining Microsoft,she held position of Executive Vice President and President(Global Market Development) at Qualcomm.She has BS degree in Electrical Engineering from San Diego State University.
Johnson later joined Qualcomm, starting out as Engineer who often traveled with business teams to translate technical details of a solution for customers. She eventually transitioned from her technical role to a business role within Qualcomm.
Awards and achievements
Peggy Johnson has been recognized by multiple organizations for her achievements as a woman in both technology and business.
In 2017, Business Insider recognized her as the most powerful female engineer in the United States.
In 2016, Business Insider recognized her as #2 among the most powerful women engineers in the world and Silicon Republic recognized her as #14 among the most powerful women leading tech around the world.
Peggy Johnson is married and has three children.
- "Peggy Johnson in News Center". news.microsoft.com. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Peggy Johnson in Women Worth Watching". www.womenworthwatching.com. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Women in Technology: Let's Close the Gap". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Microsoft Poaches Qualcomm Exec Peggy Johnson". Re/code. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "WITI - Women in Technology Hall of Fame - Peggy Johnson, President, Global Market Development and Executive Vice President, Microsoft". www.witi.com. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "26 of the most powerful female engineers in 2016". Business Insider. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- silicon. "40 powerful women leading tech around the world". Silicon Republic. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "WITI - Hall of Fame - 21st Anniversary Celebration at the 2016 WITI Summit". www.witi.com. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "100 Women Leaders in STEM" (PDF). STEMconnector. STEMconnector. 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-04. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- Media related to Peggy Johnson at Wikimedia Commons