(Redirected from Peisidice)
- Pisidice, a daughter of Aeolus, mother of Antiphus and Actor by Myrmidon.
- Pisidice, an alternate name for Demonice, mother of Thestius by Ares.
- Pisidice, a daughter of Pelias, who, together with her sisters, killed their father, as Medea tricked them into believing this was needed to rejuvenate him.
- Pisidice, a daughter of Nestor.
- Pisidice, a princess of Methymna, who fell in love with Achilles as he besieged her city, and promised to put Methymna into his possession if he would marry her. He agreed to her terms but, as soon as the city was his, he ordered that she be stoned to death as a traitor.
- Pisidice, a daughter of Leucon and mother of a son Argynnos, who was loved by Agamemnon and drowned in River Cephissus.
- Catalogue of Women fr. 10(a); Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 1. 7. 3
- Pseudo-Plutarch, On Rivers, 22. 1
- Hesiod, Catalogue of Women fr. 35; Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 1. 9. 10; 1. 9. 27; Hyginus, Fabulae 24
- Homer, Odyssey, 3. 452
- Pseudo-Apollodorus Bibliotheca 1. 9. 9
- Parthenius, Love Romances, 21
- Compare with the stories of Scylla and Minos, and of Comaetho and Amphitryon; see also Leucophrye
- Stephanus of Byzantium, s. v. Argynnion
|This article includes a list of Greek mythological figures with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific Greek mythology article referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended Greek mythology article, if one exists.|