3D model (JSmol)
|Molar mass||271.24 g/mol|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Presence in flowers
Pelargonidin can be found in red geraniums (Geraniaceae). It is the predominant pigment causing the red coloration in the spathes of Philodendron (Araceae). The orange-coloured flowers of blue pimpernel (Anagallis monelli, Myrsinaceae) have a higher concentration of pelargonidin pigment.
Presence in food
Pelargonidin can be found in berries such as ripe raspberries and strawberries, as well as blueberries, blackberries, cranberries but also in saskatoon berries and chokeberries. It is also found in plums and pomegranates. Pelargonidin gives red radishes their color.
- United States granted 6,767,999, Smirnov, Vitaly; Sidorov, Viktor; Smirnova, Valentina, "Anthocyantin coloring agent and method for the production thereof from organic matter", published Nov 01, 2001, issued July 27, 2004
- Mazza, G. (2005). "Compositional and Functional Properties of Saskatoon Berry and Blueberry". International Journal of Fruit Science. 5 (3): 101. doi:10.1300/J492v05n03_10.
- Takeshi Nishio (4 October 2017). Takeshi Nishio, Hiroyasu Kitashiba, ed. The Radish Genome. Springer. p. 4. ISBN 978-3-319-59253-4.
- Lin, Long-Ze; Harnly, James M.; Pastor-Corrales, Marcial S.; Luthria, Devanand L. (2008). "The polyphenolic profiles of common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)". Food Chemistry. 107: 399. doi:10.1016/j.foodchem.2007.08.038.
- Mullen, William; Edwards, Christine A.; Serafini, Mauro; Crozier, Alan (2008). "Bioavailability of Pelargonidin-3-O-glucoside and Its Metabolites in Humans Following the Ingestion of Strawberries with and without Cream". Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 56 (3): 713–9. doi:10.1021/jf072000p. PMID 18211024.
- Saito, N; Tatsuzawa, F; Yokoi, M; Kasahara, K; Iida, S; Shigihara, A; Honda, T (1996). "Acylated pelargonidin glycosides in red-purple flowers of Ipomoea purpurea". Phytochemistry. 43 (6): 1365–70. doi:10.1016/s0031-9422(96)00501-8. PMID 8987912.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pelargonidin.|