Siesta Key Observer
|Owner(s)||Observer Media Group|
|Founded||1969 or 1971|
|Website||Siesta Key Observer|
The Siesta Key Observer (previously known as the Pelican Press) is an American weekly free newspaper serving Siesta Key, Florida. Founded in 1971 by John and Elizabeth Davidson, it is now a part of a family of thirteen newspapers published by Observer Media Group.
The name of the publication changed again to Pelican Press. In 1998 the paper was purchased by Journal Media Group, based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, joining a large publication family with interests in other states.
- "Pelican Press". Florida Press Association. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Walsh, Matt (July 14, 2011). "Pelican Press going back to its roots". Siesta Key Observer. Observer Media Group. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Observer Media Group. "About Us". Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Company Overview of Observer Media Group, Inc". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- "Observer buys the Pelican Press". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. June 10, 2011. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Pelican Press & Pelican Marketplace Change Hands". Community Papers of Florida. July 28, 2011. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- "New Publisher at Observer Media Group". Cision. July 8, 2016. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
|This article about a Florida newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|