Penarth Marina is both a marina for boats, located in the old Penarth Docks, Wales and also the name generally used to describe the surrounding area of modern housing. The marina is adjacent to the waters of the River Ely and Cardiff Bay, close to the Cardiff Bay Barrage.
Old Victorian dock buildings, located between the marina and Cardiff Bay Barrage are being converted for leisure use. The Old Custom House on Dock Road has been converted into restaurants, El Puerto and La Marina. The adjacent Grade II-listed Marine Buildings, built in 1865, were expected to be converted into a hotel  but as of 2018 are still derelict and on sale for an estimated £2.25 million. 
- "Penarth Marina". Penarth Civic Society. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- Blain, William; Webber, Norman (1989). Marinas: planning and feasibility. Computational Mechanics. pp. 242–243. ISBN 0945824262.
- Williams, David (2003). About Cardiff. Cardiff: Graffeg. p. 149. ISBN 0-9544334-2-4.
- "Cardiff Bay". Penarth Civic Society. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- Law, Peter (14 December 2011). "Four-star hotel future for derelict Marine Buildings". South Wales Echo. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- Pyke, Chris. "The grand derelict buildings currently for sale in Wales". Wales Online.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Penarth Marina.|
|This Cardiff location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|