Penbay International Circuit
|Location||Donggang, Pingtung County, Taiwan|
|Opened||9 October 2011|
|Major events||Taiwan Speed Festival,
Taiwan Super Bike Championship
Penbay International Circuit (PIC; Chinese: 大鵬灣國際賽車場) is a motor sport circuit in Donggang Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan. The circuit is 3.527 km long with widths from 12m to 20m. It has five configurations. It officially opened on 9 October 2011.
Circuit manager Xu Hong-Bin claims that the track is the first circuit in Taiwan to satisfy FIA Grade 2 standard and from 2012 the track will host international events.
2012 Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia
Automobili Lamborghini and Blancpain announced a new series, 2012 Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia, to run alongside the established European competition. Building on the series’ success, the Asian Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo will debut in Sepang, Malaysia in May 2012 with five further race weekends across Japan, China and Taiwan, possibly at Penbay. But the track failed to receive its FIA certification in time to host the race.
- FIA International Track length
- (in Taiwanese Mandarin)"FIA G International Track". Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "Penbay International Circuit". Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- (in Taiwanese Mandarin) 記者顏瑞田／高雄報導 大鵬灣國際賽車場 啟用 工商時報. 2011-10-10 01:17
- THOMPSON MAKES HISTORY WITH TAIWAN F1 OUTING Gary Thompson official website. 13 October 2011.
- LAMBORGHINI AND BLANCPAIN ANNOUNCE CALENDARS FOR 2012 RACE SERIES IN EUROPE AND ASIA Blancpain.com. 2 November 2011.
- (in Taiwanese Mandarin)張為揚 (2012-07-26). "賽道認證不及，Lamborghini Super Trofeo臺灣站延期". UCAR.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Penbay International Circuit.|
- Official website (in Taiwanese Mandarin)
|This article about a Taiwanese sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|