From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up penetration in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Penetration may refer to:
- Market penetration or brand penetration, the degree to which a product or service is known and/or used
- Penetration depth of light or any electromagnetic radiation.
- Penetration (telecommunications)
- Penetrating trauma
- Penetration (warfare)
- Penetration (weapons), the ability to pierce target's armor or other protection
- Penetration (firestop), an opening in a wall or floor assembly required to have a fire-resistance rating, for the purpose of accommodating the passage of a mechanical, electrical, or structural penetrant
- In roofing, pipes, conduits, HVAC supports passing through the roof
- In basketball, the ability of a player to drive through the opposition's defense
- In magic, an illusion in which one object appears to pass through another
- Sexual penetration, a term which may mean sexual intercourse in general or,
- in some jurisdictions, a criminal charge related to various sexual offences
In popular culture
- Penetration (artistic), an artistic strategy
- Penetration (band), a punk rock band
- "Penetration", a song on Iggy and the Stooges' album Raw Power
- "Penetration", a song on Pedro the Lion's album Control
- "Penetration", a song by The Pyramids
- Body of Lies (film), a film formerly known as Penetration
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Penetration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.