within Itasca County
|Elevation||1,368 ft (417 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||649259|
Located in the northern part of the state, the community lies in the Iron Range region at the northern end of Swan Lake. Pengilly is located between Grand Rapids and Hibbing at the junction of U.S. Highway 169 and Minnesota State Highway 65. The expressway section of U.S. 169 that travels between the cities of Virginia and Hibbing currently ends in the community of Pengilly.
The community is located along the northern end of Swan Lake.
Pengilly is located 19 miles northeast of Grand Rapids. Pengilly is also located 15 miles west–southwest of Hibbing; and 18 miles north of Swan River.
Pengilly gets its name from the community physician, John Pengilly.
From 1970 to 1989, the Youth Leadership Camp (YLC) for deaf high school students was held at Swan Lake Lodge in Pengilly.
Pengilly celebrated its centennial August 29–31, 2008.
- "Pengilly, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '07. Chicago, IL: Rand McNally, 2007 edition, Minnesota entry.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation. Official State of Minnesota Highway Map. St. Paul, MN: Mn/DOT, 2011/2012 edition.
- Pengilly, Minnesota-History
- Youth Leadership Camp
- "Pengilly Centennial". 2008. Retrieved October 29, 2008.
- Minnesota Legislators Past and Present-Norbert P. Arnold
|This article about a location in Itasca County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|