Queen Saleha of Brunei
|Raja Isteri (Queen Consort) of Brunei Darussalam|
|Raja Isteri of Brunei|
|Tenure||4 October 1967 – Present|
|Coronation||1 August 1968|
7 October 1947|
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei-Muara District, Brunei
|Spouse||Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah
Prince 'Abdul Malik
|House||House of Bolkiah|
|Father||Pengiran Anak Mohammad Alam|
|Mother||Pengiran Anak Besar|
|Bruneian Royal Family|
HM The Sultan
Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha binti Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam is the Queen consort of Brunei as the wife of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, the current Sultan of Brunei. She was the daughter of Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohammad Alam and Pengiran Anak Besar.
Saleha had her early education through private tuition at the surau (a large prayer hall) of Istana Darul Hana. She also attended religious classes. She furthered her secondary education at Sekolah Tinggi Perempuan Raja Isteri (STPRI) in Bandar Seri Begawan until 1965.
Marriage and family life
Saleha has two sons and four daughters. She has 11 grandchildren, (5 from her daughter Princess Rashidah, 3 from her son Crown Prince Billah, 2 from her daughter Princess Majeedah and one from her daughter Princess Hafizah) and her eldest son is the Crown Prince of Brunei.
Saleha's younger sister, Pengiran Anak Hajah Damit, died from cancer, aged 51, on 19 August 2007.
Saleha is the Patron to various organisations including the Women's Institute (WI), Pertiwi Association, PEKERTI, the Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam, the Brunei Government Senior Officers Wives Welfare Association (BISTARI), the Women's Council of Brunei Darussalam, The Women Graduates' Association, and the Brunei Shell Women Association.
Hobbies and interests
Titles and styles
Raja Isteri Saleha of Brunei
|Reference style||Her Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Majesty|
- 7 October 1946 – 29 July 1965: Her Highness Princess Saleha.
- 29 July 1965 – 4 October 1967: Her Royal Highness Princess Saleha, The Crown Princess (Pengiran Anak Isteri) of Brunei.
- 4 October 1967 – present: Her Majesty Queen Saleha, The Queen (Raja Isteri) of Brunei.
She has been awarded :
- Brunei: Knight Grand Cross with Collar of the Royal Family Order of the Crown of Brunei
- Brunei: Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Most Esteemed Family Order of Brunei, 1st Class
- Brunei: Recipient of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Medal, 1st Class
- Jordan: Dame Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Renaissance, Special Class
- Malaysia: Honorary Dame Grand Cordon of the Order of the Crown of the Realm
- Netherlands: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Netherlands Lion
- Sweden: Member Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Seraphim
- Thailand: Dame Grand Cordon with Chain of the Order of Chula Chom Klao, Special Class
- Ukraine: Member of the Decoration of Princess Olga, 1st Class
|Ancestors of Queen Saleha of Brunei|
- Borneo: Sabah - Brunei - Sarawak. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Saunders, Graham E. (2002). A history of Brunei (2 ed.). Routledge. p. 163. ISBN 0-7007-1698-X.
- Royal Ark, Brunei genealogy details p.13
- "Warisanpermaisuri" blog, Sultanah Saleha page with orders mentions (Dec. 2012)
- Noblesse et Royautés Archived January 25, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. (French), State visit of Netherlands in Brunei (01/2013), Photo[permanent dead link]
Queen Saleha of BruneiBorn: 07 October 1947
Princess Anak Damit of Brunei
|Queen Consort of Brunei
1967 - Present