|Town of Penhold|
|Motto: "Honouring The Past, Challenging The Future"|
|Municipal district||Red Deer County|
|• Village||May 4, 1904|
|• Town||September 1, 1980|
|• Mayor||Dennis Cooper|
|• Governing body||Penhold Town Council|
|• Land||5.29 km2 (2.04 sq mi)|
|Elevation||871 m (2,858 ft)|
|• Density||619.9/km2 (1,606/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0M 1R0|
|Waterway||Red Deer River|
Penhold is a town in central Alberta, Canada. Penhold is surrounded by the county of Red Deer No. 23, 16 km (9.9 mi) south of Red Deer at the junction of Highway 2A and Highway 42. It is located 128 kilometres (80 mi) north of Calgary, along the Red Deer River Home of Penhold Soccer Team 2015 Penhold Oxfurds, 2016 Penhold Stars Silver place winners
Originally, Penhold was one of the many whistle stops along the Canadian Pacific Railway. It incorporated as the Village of Penhold in 1904.
In 1981, the Village of Penhold incorporated as a town as a result of large population growth in the late 1970s.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Penhold recorded a population of 3,277 living in 1,235 of its 1,300 total private dwellings, a 38% change from its 2011 population of 2,375. With a land area of 5.29 km2 (2.04 sq mi), it had a population density of 619.5/km2 (1,604.4/sq mi) in 2016.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Penhold had a population of 2,375 living in 889 of its 925 total dwellings, a 20.5% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 1,971. With a land area of 5.33 km2 (2.06 sq mi), it had a population density of 445.6/km2 (1,154.1/sq mi) in 2011.
Attractions in Penhold include a museum, a recreation centre with an indoor arena, baseball diamonds, library, a splash park, and an outdoor ice rink. New Facilities including a Campground, Skate Park, 3 Ball Diamonds, a Soccer Field and other Facilities are in construction.
The town is home to two elementary schools, and one High-school. Penhold residents have the ability to keep their children in Penhold from K-12.
- "Location and History Profile: Town of Penhold" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. October 7, 2016. p. 470. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs: Municipal Officials Search
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF) (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Regular Council Meeting Agenda (CAO's Council Report)" (PDF) (PDF). Town of Penhold. July 28, 2014. p. 15. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Town of Penhold Regular Council Meeting, July 16, 2012 Agenda" (PDF). Town of Penhold. 2012-07-13. pp. 47–54 of 81. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.