Peninsula Regional Medical Center
|Peninsula Regional Medical Center|
|Peninsula Regional Health System|
|Location||100 East Carroll Street, Salisbury, Maryland, United States|
|Hospital type||District General|
|Affiliated university||Johns Hopkins University|
|Emergency department||Level III trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Maryland|
Peninsula Regional Medical Center is a non-profit hospital located in Salisbury, Maryland.
Established in 1897 by Dr. George W. Todd with six beds in an old home, the institution once known as Peninsula General Hospital has grown to contain approximately 300 beds. It serves nearly 500,000 patients every year in a multitude of specialties. Close to 2,000 babies are born at PRMC every year. There are approximately 3,300 employees, placing it among Salisbury’s largest employers.
Outside of its main hospital location, it includes a network of specialty and family physicians, a network of labs and PRMC Home Scripts pharmacies, plus two health complexes in Millsboro, Delaware  and Ocean Pines, Maryland.
Dr. Peggy Naleppa, MS, MBA, FACHE has been president and CEO since January 2010.
Specialties include 
- Comprehensive Cardiac Care (including Open Heart Surgery and Rehab) at the Guerrieri Heart & Vascular Institute
- Comprehensive Cancer Treatment at the Richard A. Henson Cancer Institute
- Diagnostic and Imaging Services
- Emergency and Trauma Care
- Outpatient Surgical Services
- Orthopaedics (including total joint replacement) and Rehabilitation
- Breast Center
- Special Care Nursery
- Heartburn Treatment Center
- Sleep Center
- Women’s and Children’s Services
- Wound Care
- Outpatient Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Pediatric and neonatal services, provided in collaboration with Children's National Medical Center
- Psychiatric Services, in partnership with Adventist HealthCare
- Access to Clinical Trials (Peninsula Regional is part of the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network)
Accreditations and Awards
Peninsula Regional Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission. Its Joint Commission certifications include Acute Myocardial Infarction; Joint Replacement - Hip; and Joint Replacement - Knee. It has also been named a Primary Stroke Center for the Delmarva Peninsula.
- Peninsula Regional Medical Center About Us
- PRMC to begin operating rooms expansion project, Delmarva Daily Times, January 3, 2012
- State of Maryland Employer Lists by County
- Delmarva Health Pavilion expands with more tenants, Delmarva Daily Times, January 30, 2015
- PRMC Opens New Delmarva Health Pavilion in Ocean Pines, Maryland Coast Dispatch, October 29, 2015
- Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce
- Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network, May 26, 2011