|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Tulsa, Oklahoma|
|Publication types||Magazines, newsletters, books, maps, directories, databases|
PennWell publishes 45 business-to-business magazines and newsletters, conducts over 60 conferences and exhibitions on six continents, and has an extensive offering of books, maps, directories and database services. In 2011 it acquired a data mapping company and also expanded its publications in the technology field.
The company, originally called the Petroleum Publishing Company and owned by Pennsylvanian Patrick Boyle, began in 1910 with the acquisition of a magazine based in Beaumont, Texas, called Oil Investors Journal; Boyle moved the publication to Tulsa and renamed it Oil & Gas Journal. Boyle died in 1920, and was succeeded first by his son-in-law Frank T. Lauinger, and then, in 1932, by his grandson P.C. Lauinger, who led the Journal to increasing financial success, established a number of other petroleum-oriented publications, and acquired publications in the dental care field. P.C. Lauinger remained in control of the company until his death in 1988; the company is now led by his son-in-law, Robert Biolchini.
- Water & Wastewater International
- Small Times.
- Solid State Technology
- Renewable Energy World.
- Laser Focus World
- Industrial Laser Solutions
- BioOptic World
- Oil & Gas Journal
- Offshore Magazine
- Oil & Gas Financial Journal
- Utility Products
- Electric Light & Power
- Power Engineering
- Power Engineering International
- Cogeneration & OnSite Power
- Journal of Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Rescue
- Law Officer
- Fire Engineering Magazine
- pennwellhub Power
- PowerToday- Power Generation Videos featuring Cassie Haley
REW 40 Index
REW 40 is an index published by Renewable Energy World.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2009)|
- "Laser Focus World Wins Gold at the 2011 Folio Awards in New York City". PennWell. January 31, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2015.
- Rod Walton, "PennWell acquires broadband assets from Hermes", Tulsa World, December 30, 2011.
- Rod Walton, "PennWell marks 100 years of publishing", Tulsa World, October 17, 2010.
- Bobby D. Weaver, "Oil and Gas Journal" at Oklahoma Historical Society Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture (accessed January 13, 2012).
- "Publisher of oil industry Journal still going full gusher at age 70", Associated Press in Miami News, May 27, 1971.
- PennWell Acquires Elsevier Public Safety Media Brands