Penn Township, Parke County, Indiana
Location in Parke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.78 sq mi (61.6 km2)|
|• Land||23.73 sq mi (61.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.21%|
|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|• Density||34.1/sq mi (13.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47832, 47859, 47862, 47872, 47952|
|GNIS feature ID||453713|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.78 square miles (61.6 km2), of which 23.73 square miles (61.5 km2) (or 99.79%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.21%) is water. The township includes the southwest quarter of Turkey Run State Park.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Pottertown at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bloomingdale, Coffin, DeBaun and Hethcoe.
- Turkey Run Community School Corporation
- State House District 41
- State Senate District 38
- "Penn Township, Parke County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Parke and Vermillion Counties, Indiana. B.F. Bowen & Cos. 1913. p. 195.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.