Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center
Farm Show Building Detail
|Former names||State Farm Show Arena|
|Location||2300 North Cameron Street|
Harrisburg, PA 17110
|Owner||Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture|
|Capacity||7,600 (New Holland Arena)|
|Harrisburg Heat (NPSL/MISL) (1991–2003)|
Harrisburg Hammerheads (CBA) (1994–1995)
Harrisburg Stampede (AIFA/AIF/SIFL) (2009–2013)
Central Penn Capitals (AIF) (2016)
Harrisburg Heat (MASL) (2012–present)
Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center, formerly known as State Farm Show Arena, is a large exhibition center and indoor arena in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. It is primarily used for concerts, agricultural exhibitions, the Pennsylvania Farm Show, and indoor football. The complex also hosts more than 200 other exhibits and trade shows every year. The Farm Show Complex is 60 acres (240,000 m2), houses 24 acres (97,000 m2) under roof, spread throughout 11 buildings including three arenas.
The complex consists of the following components:
- Main Hall, 146,527 square feet (13,612.8 m2), built in 1931
- Exposition Hall, 172,000 square feet (16,000 m2) built in 2001
- New Holland Arena, 28,000 square feet (2,600 m2) at floor, 7318 seats, completed in 1939 (originally named Large Arena until 2016)
- Equine Arena, 39,200 square feet (3,640 m2) at floor, 1660 seats
- Sale Arena, 4,000 square feet (370 m2) at floor, 918 seats
The North, Northeast, Northwest and West Halls add another 187,600 square feet (17,430 m2) of space. A large equine barn serves the Equine Arena.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center hosted the Harrisburg Heat of the Major Indoor Soccer League from 1991–2003, and the Harrisburg Hammerheads of the Continental Basketball Association from 1994-1995. In 2009, the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center began hosting the Harrisburg Stampede of the American Indoor Football Association, continuing to do so until 2013 after which the team joined the Professional Indoor Football League and moved to the Giant Center in nearby Hershey. The Central Penn Capitals played at the Expo Center as a member of American Indoor Football in 2016. In 2012, the Harrisburg Heat of the Major Arena Soccer League returned to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center to play their home games in the Equine Arena. The team returned to the New Holland Arena beginning with its 2014–15 season. Boxing matches have also been held at the venue.
Annual events held at the Farm Show Complex
- Pennsylvania Farm Show (January), largest indoor agricultural event held in the United States
- Pennsylvania Auto Show (January)
- Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show (February), largest outdoor hunting and fishing event in North America
- Pennsylvania National Horse Show (October)
- All American Dairy Show (September)
- Keystone International Livestock Exposition (October)
- 2010 Farm Show facts and figures Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, accessed April 25, 2010.
- Pfingsten, Bill (2008). "Pennsylvania Farm Show". HMdb.org. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "About Us: Facility". Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center. Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Retrieved 2009-07-16.[dead link]
- "Capitals relocate to Dauphin County and the Farm Show Complex & Expo Center and will be renamed the Central PA Capitals". American Indoor Football. October 14, 2015. Archived from the original on October 18, 2015. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Bristol, Jason. "Harrisburg Heat is back, begins play in November in PASL". cbs21.com. Archived from the original on February 9, 2013. Retrieved May 3, 2012.
- Bullock, Michael (January 24, 2014). "Harrisburg Heat moving to Farm Show's Large Arena in 2014-15, maybe sooner". The Patriot-News. Harrisburg, PA: Advance Publications. Retrieved January 24, 2014.