Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust
|Traded as||NYSE: PEI
S&P 600 Component
|Founder||Sylvan M. Cohen|
|Headquarters||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
Joseph F. Coradino
The PREIT corporate offices are located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The company owns and operates over 25 million square feet of retail focusing on shopping centers in the eastern United States, particularly in the mid-Atlantic states of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland. The company has large number of assets in the Philadelphia and Washington DC metro markets.
In 1997 PREIT merged with the Rubin Organization, a commercial property development and management firm. In 2003 the firm changed its strategic focus from a diversified property base to retail. During that year PREIT acquired six shopping malls from The Rouse Company, sold several multifamily residential properties, and completed a merger with Crown American Realty Trust.
As of June 7, 2012, Joseph F. Coradino is the chief executive officer. Since 2012, the company has driven a transformation guided by an emphasis on balance sheet strength, high-quality merchandising and disciplined capital expenditures.
List of malls
- PREIT Company History. Retrieved December 12, 2006.
- Joseph Coradino Becomes Chief Executive Officer of PREIT, 06/07/2012.
- "Enclosed Malls". PREIT. Retrieved October 16, 2010.
- "Supplemental Financial and Operating Information". PREIT. June 30, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-19.
- DiStefano, Joseph N. (July 31, 2014). "Mall developer Macerich Co. to invest $106.8M in Gallery revival effort". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Strawser, Justin (July 21, 2016). "Valley Mall will not be sold". The Daily Item. Retrieved 22 July 2016.