Pennsylvania Route 282
|Maintained by PennDOT|
|Length:||11.528 mi (18.553 km)|
|West end:||PA 82 in West Nantmeal Township|
US 30 Bus. in Downingtown
Pennsylvania Route 282 (PA 282) is an 11.9-mile-long (19.2 km) state highway in Chester County, Pennsylvania. The route runs from PA 82 in West Nantmeal Township southeast to U.S. Route 30 Business (US 30 Bus.) in Downingtown. PA 282 follows Creek Road, a two-lane undivided road that winds along the East Branch Brandywine Creek through rural areas. The route passes through the communities of Glenmoore and Lyndell along the way. PA 282 was designated onto its current alignment in 1928.
PA 282 begins at an intersection with PA 82 in West Nantmeal Township, Chester County, heading east on two-lane undivided Creek Road. The road passes through wooded areas with some fields, entering Wallace Township. Here, the route heads to the southeast and crosses the East Branch Brandywine Creek before it reaches the residential community of Glenmoore. Past here, PA 282 continues south through forested areas along the west bank of the East Branch Brandywine Creek. Near Springton Manor Farm, the road winds south before it makes a sharp turn to the northeast. The route curves to the southeast and passes to the west of Marsh Creek State Park as it enters East Brandywine Township. Here, PA 282 passes through the community of Lyndell and continues through rural areas alongside the creek, turning to the east. The road curves northeast and then southeast as it comes to the community of Dorlan. At this point, the route curves south and continues along the west bank of the East Branch Brandywine Creek while the Struble Trail runs along the east bank. PA 282 continues south through wooded areas and crosses into Caln Township, where it passes under the US 30 freeway. The route crosses the East Branch Brandywine Creek into East Caln Township and becomes Wallace Avenue. Here, PA 282 intersects Norwood Road, which heads north to an partial interchange providing access to eastbound US 30 and from westbound US 30. The road heads into commercial areas and enters the borough of Downingtown. Here, the route turns northeast onto Pennsylvania Avenue before a turn to the southeast onto four-lane Green Street. PA 282 reaches its eastern terminus at an intersection with US 30 Bus.
When Pennsylvania first legislated routes in 1911, present-day PA 282 was not given a route number. In 1928, PA 282 was designated onto its current alignment between PA 82 northwest of Glenmoore and US 30/PA 1 (now US 30 Bus.) in Downingtown. The route has remained on the same alignment since it was first designated.
The entire route is in Chester County.
|West Nantmeal Township||0.000||0.000||PA 82 (Manor Road)|
US 30 Bus. (Lancaster Avenue)
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
PA 282 Alternate Truck
PA Route 282 Alternate Truck
|Location:||Upper Uwchlan, Pennsylvania|
- Bureau of Maintenance and Operations (December 31, 2012). "Roadway Management System Straight Line Diagrams" (2013 ed.). Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Chester County (PDF)
- Google, Inc. "Pennsylvania Route 282". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://goo.gl/maps/O8KPn. Retrieved April 20, 2013.
- ADC Map (2006). Chester County, Pennsylvania (Map). 1"=2000' (17th ed.). ISBN 0-87530-778-7.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1911). Map of Pennsylvania Showing State Highways (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1911.pdf. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Gulf Oil (1928). Pennsylvania Highway Map (Philadelphia Metro) (Map). http://www.mapsofpa.com/art5pics/1928phila3.jpg. Retrieved November 8, 2007.