|Born||Durban, South Africa|
|Notable works||The Story of Anna P, as Told by Herself|
|Notable awards||European Union Literary Award; University of Johannesburg Debut Prize|
Penny Busetto is a South African writer known for her 2014 novel The Story of Anna P, as Told by Herself. The Story of Anna P, as Told by Herself was awarded the 2013 European Union Literary Award as well as the 2014 University of Johannesburg Debut Prize, and in 2016 was shortlisted for the Etisalat Prize for Literature. Born in Durban, South Africa, she grew up in Cape Town and moved to Italy when she was 17, where she studied and married. In 1996 she moved back to Cape Town, where she lives with her son. She is currently pursuing her doctorate in English and psychology, and has stated that the title character of her debut novel, Anna P, is somewhat inspired by Anna O, one of the first people to undergo psychoanalysis.
- "Announcing the Winner of the 2013 European Union Literary Award". Books LIVE. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Frenkel, Ronit; Mackenzie, Craig (26 June 2015). "UJ Prize: Winners in newfound freedom". Mail & Guardian. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Mitchelle Okuku (18 March 2016). "Meet the finalists of the Etisalat Prize for Literature 2015". naij.com.
- "Author's notes: Penny Busetto". Mail & Guardian. 17 April 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Childes, Tarah. "10 Questions: Penny Busetto". Aerodrome. Retrieved 17 July 2015.