Penny Lancaster in 2008
15 March 1971
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Rod Stewart (m. 2007)
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
Lady Stewart, née Penny Lancaster (born 15 March 1971), is an English model, photographer and TV personality. She is best known for being married to rock singer Sir Rod Stewart. In 2014, she joined the ITV lunchtime show Loose Women and is now a regular panellist.
Lancaster was brought up by parents Graham and Sally who were both regular gym-goers and encouraged a love of fitness. She also has a brother called Oliver. At the age of six, Lancaster took up dance, learning tap, ballet and modern but decided to quit at the age of 16 due to her height and decided aerobics would better suit her frame. Six years later Lancaster became a certified fitness trainer. It was during this time that she was spotted by a model scout who suggested she should consider a career in modelling. Lancaster suffers from chronic sweat problem called hyperhidrosis.
Throughout the 1990s, Lancaster was in a long-term relationship with city trader Mickey Sloan. They lived in Bermuda from 1996 to 1998 but separated in 1999.
In 2002, Lancaster signed up to be the face of designer lingerie brand Ultimo for a reported £200,000. Lancaster was a success at promoting the brand raising its profile, especially in the United Kingdom, but two years later, Lancaster's contract was not renewed. However, she was replaced by Rod Stewart's ex-wife Rachel Hunter, and founder Mone later expressed that she had always wanted Hunter but was unable to afford her. The decision, dubbed "Bra Wars" by the British press, was seen as a publicity stunt  which infuriated Stewart who described Mone as "manipulative", yet two of his daughters - Kimberly and Ruby - have since modelled for Ultimo (Adore Moi and Michelle for George respectively).
Strictly Come Dancing
Lancaster was announced as one of the fourteen celebrities taking part in the fifth series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2007. In week 4, she was revealed as one of the bottom two participants. She and her partner (Ian Waite) were in the week six dance-off with Matt Di Angelo and were voted off.
|Week #||Dance||Judges' score||Result|
|1||Swing||Group Performance - Not Judged|
On 15 September 2014, Lancaster was billed as an occasional panelist on the lunchtime chat show Loose Women. Through series 19 of the show, she made four subsequent appearances, on 1 December 2014, 9 March 2015, 15 June 2015, 6 July 2015. Since series 20 began on 1 September 2015, Lancaster now appears more regularly and has so far appeared three times in September 2015, once in October and November 2015, twice in December 2015, twice in January 2016, twice in March 2016, twice in April 2016, twice in May 2016 and once in June 2016. As of series 21 which began on 5 September 2016, Lancaster now appears weekly.
Lancaster gave birth to her first child a 7 lb, 7oz (3.373 kg) boy on 27 November 2005. On 17 February 2011, it was announced that Lancaster had given birth to their second child, (Stewart's eighth child), another boy.
- "Eight ways short people disguise their height". BBC News Online. 8 September 2009.
- "Penny Lancaster admits SWEATING excessively due to secret battle with Hyperhidrosis".
- "'Penny Lancaster'". AskMen.com. Archived from the original on 12 November 2007.
- "'Storm in a D-cup'". Scotsman.com. 18 January 2004. Retrieved 18 January 2004.
- "Rod's Missing Bhoys for Me; The face and body of Ultimo, Penny Lancaster, reveals how her rocker lover will be watching her instead of his beloved Celtic this weekend". Daily Record. The Free Library. 2003-08-28. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- "Rachel Outshines Penny Again". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- Simpson, Richard; Baracaia, Alexa (2004-05-18). "Penny's £1m revenge". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- "Rod's revenge; Star Slams Bra Queen". Sunday Mail. The Free Library. 2004-03-28. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- Tait, Gordon (2007-05-04). "Kimberley's Model Deal Risks Ultimo Wrath of Rod". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- "Ruby Stewart Sparkles in New Campaign for Ultimo Lingerie Brand". Daily Mail. 2007-11-29. Retrieved 2016-03-07.
- "'Rod's girl Penny all set for 'perfect' wedding'". hellomagazine.com. 6 June 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2007.
- "'Rod Stewart's Fiancée Gives Birth'". people.com. 28 November 2005. Retrieved 28 November 2005.
- "Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster celebrate birth of boy". BBC News. 17 February 2011.
- "'Rod Stewart Marries Penny Lancaster in Italy'". people.com. 17 June 2007. Retrieved 17 July 2007.
- John Reynolds. "Penny Lancaster backs charity to help young people in poverty". Daily Express.
- Emily McCormick. "Me and my glasses: Photographer Penny Lancaster speaks about her vision and why she is supporting the State of the Nation Report: Eye health 2016". Optometry Today. Archived from the original on 2016-11-09.