|Known for||Research near-death experiences|
Sartori worked as an intensive care nurse for seventeen years, during which time she cared for many patients who were close to death. As a result of these experiences, she began researching near-death experiences, culminating in the publication of her monograph The Near-Death Experiences of Hospitalized Intensive Care Patients: A Five Year Clinical Study, which was published by the Edwin Mellen Press in 2008. Her work also gained her a PhD in 2005. She now works as a lecturer and consultant.
Many of the phenomena reported appear religious in nature.
Dr. Sartori's current book, The Wisdom Of Near-Death Experiences, explores the veracity of Near Death Experiences more in depth.
- "UK | Wales | Nurse writes book on near-death". BBC News. 2008-06-19. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Thompson, Victoria (2008-07-01). "ICU nurse chronicles near-death experiences | News". Nursing Times. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "UK expert in near-death experiences". Dr Penny Sartori. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Brian McIver (2011-01-25). "Ex-nurse Dr Penny Sartori studies amazing experiences of people who come back from the dead". Daily Record. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Robin Turner (2004-10-07). "Near-death patients tell nurse of lights and Jesus-like figure". Wales Online. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Official site (English)