|Pinyin||Dài Peìní (Mandarin)|
|Born||22 April 1978|
Segamat, Johor, Malaysia
Sony Music Entertainment
Sidney Lu (m. 2014)
Penny Tai (Chinese: 戴佩妮, born 22 April 1978) is a Malaysian singer and songwriter. Since her debut in 2000, she has released ten albums.
Life and career
Tai started songwriting at the age of 17, participating in the Halo Songwriting Contest in Kuala Lumpur, a platform which also launched the career of fellow Malaysian singer, Fish Leong. In 1999 she was offered a contract by EMI Music (Taiwan) and moved to Taiwan pursue a career in singing and songwriting. She released her self-titled first album, Penny, in January 2000.
She married Sidney Lu on 27 December 2014.
- Penny (1 February 2000)
- How's That? (怎样) (22 January 2001)
- Just Sing It (13 April 2002)
- No Penn, No Gain (24 March 2003)
- So Penny (9 February 2004) - selection plus new songs
- Crazy Love (爱疯了) (31 March 2005)
- iPenny (6 October 2006)
- Forgive Me For Being The Girl I Am (原谅我就是这样的女生) (16 May 2009)
- <Rosa multiflora> Live Concert (野蔷薇)(16 September 2010)
- On the Way Home (回家路上) (1 November 2011)
- Unexpected ( 純屬意外) (27 May 2013)
- Thief (賊) (13 August 2016)
With Buddha Jump
- Buddha Jump (佛跳牆) (23 September 2011)
- Show You (給你看) (30 December 2014)
Awards and nominations
|2018||29th Golden Melody Awards||Best Album Producer||Hors du commun||Nominated|
- Allmalaysia.com website profile
- "17th Golden Melody Awards Winner List (Chinese)". Government Information Office, Republic of Taiwan. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- "佛跳牆奪最佳樂團 戴佩妮：老公帶旺我 | 重點新聞 | 中央社即時新聞 CNA NEWS". Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- "戴佩妮搖滾改編神曲《你要的愛》唱出女人愛的解放 | POP！微博". POP！微博 (in Chinese). 27 November 2017. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- Wang, Ching-yi; Chen, Christie (27 December 2014). "Malaysian-Chinese singer Penny Tai marries longtime fiancé". Central News Agency. Retrieved 27 December 2014.