|Pinyin||Dái Peìnī (Mandarin)|
|Birth name||Tai Pei nee|
22 April 1978 |
Segamat, Johor, Malaysia
Sony Music Entertainment
Tai started song-writing at the age of 17, participating in the Halo Song-writing Contest  in Kuala Lumpur, a platform which also launched the career of fellow Malaysian singer, Fish Leong. In 1999 she was offered a contract by EMI Music (Taiwan) and moved to Taiwan pursue a career in singing and song-writing. She released her self-titled first album, Penny, in January 2000.
She formed the band "Buddha Jump" with "D-power" and released their first album, "Buddha Jump", on 23 September 2011.
Her most popular song to date internationally was the end theme for the Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden entitled "Ni Yao De Ai" (The Love You Want).
She married Sidney Lu on 27 December 2014.
- Penny (1 February 2000)
- How's That? (怎样) (22 January 2001)
- Just Sing It (13 April 2002)
- No Penn, No Gain (24 March 2003)
- So Penny (9 February 2004) - selection plus new songs
- Crazy Love (爱疯了) (31 March 2005)
- iPenny (6 October 2006)
- Forgive Me For Being The Girl I Am (原谅我就是这样的女生) (16 May 2009)
- <Rosa multiflora> Live Concert (野蔷薇)(16 September 2010)
- On the Way Home (回家路上) (1 November 2011)
- Unexpected( 純屬意外) (27 May 2013)
- Buddha Jump (佛跳牆) (23 September 2011) with the Band "Buddha Jump"
- Allmalaysia.com website profile
- "17th Golden Melody Awards Winner List (Chinese)". Government Information Office, Republic of Taiwan. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- Wang, Ching-yi; Chen, Christie (27 December 2014). "Malaysian-Chinese singer Penny Tai marries longtime fiancé". Central News Agency. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
|This article on an Asian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|