Penobscot Island Air
|Founded||December 10, 2004|
Rockland, Maine, U.S.
|Operating bases||Knox County Regional Airport|
|Company slogan||"The Shortest Distance Between Two Points"|
|Key people||Kevin Waters|
Penobscot Island Air is a small regional airline based at Knox County Regional Airport, Maine, United States (RKD) operating from a private terminal. The airline operates scheduled service to the islands in Maine's Penobscot Bay, and offers private charter land and seaplane flights throughout the region.
Penobscot Island Air operates scheduled cargo and passenger flights to the following destinations within the state of Maine (as of 20 March 2016[update]).
Charter flights are routinely flown to a number of airports including:
- Bar Harbor
- Big Green
- Brunswick Executive
Accidents and incidents
- On October 5, 2011 a Cessna 207A crashed while attempting to land at Matinicus. The pilot and sole occupant of the cargo flight was killed.
- On July 17, 2011 a Cessna 206G made a water landing shortly after takeoff from Matinicus. The four occupants of the aircraft were rescued from the ocean.
- On June 26, 2017 a Cessna 206 crashed shortly after take off from Vinalhaven. The pilot and sole occupant was taken to the Knox County Hospital with none life-threatening injuries.
- On September 1, 2017 a Cessna 206 crash near Harpswell, Maine
- "Our Fleet". Penobscot Island Air. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Betts, Stephen. "NTSB report blames pilot error in 2011 island air crashes". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
|This article about transportation in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a United States airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|