This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Manufacturer||Penta Water Company, Inc.|
|Country of origin||United States|
Penta Water is a brand of bottled water produced by United Beverage, formerly United Packaging Group, LLC., based in Colton, California. Penta Water claims to produce its water through a patented physics process.
Penta Water was a project of Bill Holloway who was suffering from fibromyalgia. In 1996, Holloway began experimenting with purifying water by using energy created by cavitation. He claimed the processed water helped him feel better. It was first introduced in 1999 in San Diego, California and has since grown into a national retail brand, sold in a number of health food stores.
In 2005, the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) reviewed the purported scientific studies of Penta Water, and the company's claims that the water had been restructured at the molecular level and that it offered health benefits. They told the company to not repeat these unproven claims in the future.
- "Patented water?". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- "ASA Non-broadcast Adjudication: Penta UK - Advertising Standards Authority". Archived from the original on May 24, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- Sites critical of Penta Water
- Guardian article critical of Penta Water
- Another Guardian article critical of Penta Water
- Guardian article discussing problems with boiling point of Penta experiment
- Sites favorable to Penta Water