|Stable release||5.0.6 (EE) , 5.0.1 (CE) / April, 2014 (EE) , November 2013 (CE)|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|Platform||Java (software platform)|
|License||Pentaho Community Edition (CE): Apache version 2.0; Pentaho Enterprise Edition (EE): Commercial License|
Pentaho is a company that offers Pentaho Business Analytics, a suite of open source Business Intelligence (BI) products which provide data integration, OLAP services, reporting, dashboarding, data mining and ETL capabilities. Pentaho was founded in 2004 by five founders. and is headquartered in Orlando, FL, USA. Pentaho was acquired by Hitachi in 2015 .
The Pentaho suite consists of two offerings, an enterprise and community edition. The enterprise edition contains extra features not found in the community edition. The enterprise edition is obtained through an annual subscription and includes extra support services. Pentaho's core offering is frequently enhanced by add-on products, usually in the form of plug-ins, from the company itself and also the broader community of users and enthusiasts.
Pentaho follows an open core business model. It provides two different editions of Pentaho Business Analytics: a community edition and an enterprise edition. The enterprise edition needs to be purchased on a subscription model. The subscription model includes support, services, and product enhancements via annual subscription. The enterprise edition is available under a commercial license. There are three variants of the enterprise edition: Basic, Professional, and Enterprise. The community edition is a free open source product licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2), GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.0 (LGPLv2), and Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1).
- InfoWorld Bossie Award 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Madan Sheina, Ovum. "Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition." September 15, 2010. Retrieved February 12, 2011.
- Glyn Moody, Computerworld UK. "How Do You Make a Pentaho?" May 5, 2010. Retrieved April 9, 2012.
- Seth Grimes, InformationWeek. "Open-Source BI Startup Pentaho Makes Debut." June 16, 2005. Retrieved April 5, 2012.
- Steven Brown, San Francisco Business Times. "Florida’s Pentaho hires Quentin Gallivan as CEO in San Francisco." October 4, 2011. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- Torben Pedersen and Mukesh Mohania. "Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery." Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Science and Business Media, 2009. ISBN 978-3642037290. p.296-298. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- "Bossie Awards 2012: The best open source applications: InfoWorld's top picks in open source business apps, from back office to Web presence". Infoworld. September 18, 2012. Retrieved October 1, 2012.