Pentax DA 40mm lens
|Focal length (35mm equiv.)||60mm|
|Aperture (max/min)||f/2.8 / f/22|
|Close focus distance||15.7 in (0.4 m)|
|Construction||5 elements in 4 groups|
|Manual focus override||Yes|
|Unique features||Pancake lens|
|Max. length||0.6 in (15 mm)|
|Diameter||2.5 in (63 mm)|
|Weight||3.2 oz (90g)|
|Filter diameter||49mm (30.5mm on hood)|
|Lens hood||MH-RC 49mm|
|Case||DA 40mm Lens Soft Case|
|Angle of view|
DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited
The smc Pentax-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited is a pancake lens for the Pentax K-mount. At only 0.6 in (15 mm) long, it was the smallest lens made by Pentax until the 40mm XS lens was introduced. The lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 60mm; it is part of the Limited series of high-performance compact lenses. In August 2013 it was re-released with improved lens coatings and rounded aperture blades as HD Pentax-DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited.
DA 40mm f/2.8 XS
The SMC Pentax-DA 40mm f/2.8 XS is an even thinner version of the SMC DA 40mm lens, at 9.1 millimetres (0.36 in) thick, released by Pentax on February 2, 2012. It features an aesthetic design by Marc Newson to match the Pentax K-01. It is currently one of the thinnest autofocus pancake lenses ever made.
DA 40mm f2.8 XS mounted on Pentax K-01
- PentaxForums.com. "HD vs. SMC Pentax Limited Primes Review". Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- PentaxForums.com. "PENTAX Imaging: PENTAX - smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens". Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- PhotographyLife.com. "Pentax smc DA 40mm f/2.8 XS". Retrieved 2018-02-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
- DA 40mm f2.8 Limited Official product page at Ricoh Imaging
- DA 40mm f2.8 XS Official product page at Ricoh Imaging
- PENTAX Introduces an Ultra-Thin 40mm Lens for the Digital SLRs, press release at Ricoh Imaging
- Examples of images list for 40mm XS, PENTAX K-1 Laboratory
- Pentax DA 35mm F2.4 vs 40mm XS vs 40mm Limited Review at PentaxForums.com
|This photography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|