|Type||Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera|
|Lens||Pentax KAF2 mount|
|Sensor||APS-C CMOS sensor|
|Image sensor size||23.7 x 15.7 mm|
|Maximum resolution||16.28 megapixel|
|Recording medium||SD, HC, SDXC|
|Exposure metering||EV -1 to 21 (ISO 100, 50mm 1.4)|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000-30 seconds|
|Image processor||PRIME M|
|Rear LCD monitor||3"|
|Weight||Without battery or removable memory: 480g (16.9 oz); 560g (19.8 oz) with dedicated battery & SD memory card|
The Pentax K-01 is the first interchangeable single-lens mirrorless camera which is compatible with lenses from a typical SLR camera without the use of an adapter. This differs from cameras from other manufacturers such as Nikon's Nikon 1 or Pentax's own Pentax Q, where the manufacturers designed a new lens mount specifically for the new camera system.
The camera is compatible with all K mount lenses; K mount lenses started being made in 1975. Lenses without the "A" aperture setting will only meter properly using stop-down metering. Manual focus lenses will continue to function as manual-focus only.
The K-01 features the same sensor as the Pentax K-5 and Nikon D7000 DSLRs, a Sony 16 MP sensor. DxOMark has rated the potential image quality of the K-01 as slightly lower than the K-5 and D7000. However, compared to other MILCs, the Pentax K-01 is rated slightly better than the Sony NEX-5N, and slightly below the Sony NEX-7. DxOMark's Sport (low light ISO) rating placed the K-01 first among all MILCs at the time it was tested.
The camera body was designed by Marc Newson.
The Pentax K-01 was released in four body colour combinations: black body with silver top and black grips, black body with silver top and yellow grips, silver body with black top (Europe only) and white body with black top and black grips. A blue and white version was released in July 2013.
Almost immediately upon its release, the K-01 became one of the most controversial Pentax offerings, with criticism focusing on the Marc Newson design, which many considered made the camera too heavy and uncomfortable to hold, with poorly-placed controls, while acknowledging its strong image quality and low-light / high ISO performance. Other reviewers complained about slow autofocusing. Positive aspects of the K-01 included its image and build quality and its compatibility with all existing Pentax K-mount lenses.
- "Pentax announces K-01 K-mount APS-C mirrorless camera: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- "Pentax K-01 Specifications".
- "Pentax K-01 listed as discontinued one year after announcement". PhotoRumors.com. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Barribeau, Tim. "Pentax Japan discontinues Marc Newson-designed K-01 compact system camera (UPDATED)". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Davies, Amy. "Pentax K-01 CSC discontinued after a year on the market". TechRadar. Future US, Inc. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Pentax Ricoh discontinues K-01 K-mount mirrorless camera". Digital Photography Review. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Back for another try: Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera resurrected in Japan". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Review: Pentax K-01 Mirrorless Camera with SLR Lenses". March 27, 2012.
- "The Pentax K-01, the second-best hybrid sensor". March 29, 2012.
- "PENTAX K-01 Interchangeable Lens Camera Receives Red Dot Design Award". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "PENTAX - Marc Newson-Designed PENTAX K-01 Interchangeable Lens Camera Selected For Prestigious International 2012 Product Design Award". Pentaximaging.com. 2012-04-16. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "German Design Council". German-design-council.de. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Pentax unveils blue and white K-01 in Japan: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- Weidelich, Zig. "Pentax K-01 Still Life test shots posted!". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Barnett, Shawn, Mike Tomkins, and Zig Weidelich. "Pentax K-01 Review". imaging-resource.com. Imaging Resource. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Huff, Steve. "The Pentax K-01 Camera Review – Design Masterpiece or Design Fail?". stevehuffphoto.com. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Keller, Jeff. "Pentax K-01 Review". dpreview.com. Digital Photography Review. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Grunin, Lori. "Pentax K-01 review: Pentax K-01". CNET. CBS Interactive Inc. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Pentax K-01 Performance". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
Pentax digital interchangeable lens camera timeline