|Lens mount||Pentax KAF2|
|Image sensor type||CMOS|
|Image sensor size||23.5 x 15.6mm (APS-C type)|
|Maximum resolution||20 megapixels (5472x3648)|
|Recording medium||SD, SDHC or SDXC card|
|Focus areas||11 focus points|
|Shutter speeds||1/6000s to 30s|
|Continuous shooting||5.4 frames per second|
|Image processor||PRIME MII|
|Rear LCD monitor||3 inches with 921,000 dots|
|Dimensions||91 x 123 x 73mm (3.58 x 4.84 x 2.87 inches)|
|Weight||678g including battery|
The Pentax K-S2 is a weather-sealed digital SLR camera announced by Ricoh on February 9, 2015. It is the first Pentax SLR to feature an articulated LCD, and it is the smallest DSLR to include this feature and also be weather-sealed. In 2015, the K-S2 won the TIPA Award in the category Best Digital SLR Advanced.
Its release is also the debut of a new retractable kit lens that it will be bundled with, the SMC Pentax-DA L 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE - Pentax' second kit lens after the 18-135mm model to have a "silent" focus motor.
It has been in limited availability in North America and other markets since Summer of 2017, but was still an active product on the Ricoh Imaging, Japan Web site as of 5 December 2017; the slightly more advanced K-70 would be the nearest replacement model.
- Mike Tomkins (9 February 2015). "Pentax K-S2 targets the family photographer with handy mix of enthusiast, consumer-grade features". imaging-resource.com. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "XXV TIPA AWARDS (2015)". tipa.com. Technical Image Press Association. 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "HD Pentax-DA 18-50mm DC WR RE Lens Announced". pentaxforums.com. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Collapsible Pentax-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE claims title of world's shortest zoom". dpreview. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Technical data at dpreview.com
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Pentax digital interchangeable lens camera timeline