|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||CCD image sensor with a primary color filter|
|Maximum resolution||3,872 × 2,592 (10.2 megapixels)|
|Recording medium||SD, SDHC|
|Lens||Interchangeable Pentax "crippled" KAF2 mount compatible with Pentax auto-aperture lenses; older lenses supported in stop-down metering mode.|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 sec – 30 sec, Bulb|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Exposure metering||TTL open-aperture metering with choice of: 16-segment, Center-weighted & Spot meter|
|Exposure modes||Program, Shutter-Speed Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, Bulb, Auto, Picture modes (Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Action, Night scene portrait, Standard flash-off)|
|Rear LCD monitor||2.7", 230,000 pixels|
|Battery||AA (×4), Optional AC adapter|
|Weight||630 g (22.2 oz) without battery|
The Pentax K200D is a 10.2 megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera, announced on January 24, 2008, along with the higher-end K20D. It was discontinued in December 2008, giving it the distinction of being one of the shortest-lived DSLR cameras.
The K200D is the successor to the well-reviewed K100D, K110D, and K100D Super 6-megapixel DSLRs from Pentax. The K200D adopts several of the features of the more advanced K10D, namely its 10.2 megapixel CCD sensor and weather-sealed body.
The Pentax K200D has 60 seals for weather/dust resistance. It uses non-proprietary AA batteries like previous Pentax entry-level offerings.
The K200D's lens mount is the Pentax K-mount; so it is compatible with lenses dating as far back as 1973 without the use of adaptors.
The K200D's on-board flash can be used to wirelessly control Pentax or compatible flashes as a Master (The on board flash fires during the capture), or as a Controller (The on board flash does not fire during the capture). This supports P-TTL, but can also be used to fire the external flashes in Auto or Manual Mode.
The K200D utilizes a 2.7" LCD screen with a total pixel count of 230,000.
- "Pentax K200D official specifications". Pentax.[dead link]
- "Pentax announces K20D with 14.6 megapixels, K200D, and five new lenses" (Press release). Pentax imaging. 2008-01-23.[dead link]
- "Pentax K200D Discontinued". photographyblog.com.
- (Japanese) Marketing posters for the K20D, K200D, and new lenses
- Pentax-DA Lens Operating Manual download site including details of KAF, KAF2 and KAF3 mount contacts and couplers, using the Quick-Shift Focus System, etc.
- Pentax K200D Review from Camera Labs
- Pentax K200D Review from Steve's Digicams
- Pentax K200D Review from photographyreview.com
|Pentax digital interchangeable lens camera timeline|