Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pentosans can act as heparinoids, glycosaminoglycans which are derivatives of heparin.
- Pentosan polysulfate, a semi-synthetic polysulfated xylan sold for the relief of various medical conditions including thrombi and interstitial cystitis in humans and osteoarthritis in dogs and horses
- Genetic and environmental variation in the pentosan and β-glucan contents of barley, and their relation to malting quality. R.J.Henry, Journal of Cereal Science, Volume 4, Issue 3, July 1986, Pages 269-277
- The role of pentosans and starch in baking of wholemeal rye bread. Krzysztof Buksa, Anna Nowotna, Werner Praznik, Halina Gambuś, Rafał Ziobro and Jan Krawontka, Food Research International, Volume 43, Issue 8, October 2010, Pages 2045-2051, doi:10.1016/j.foodres.2010.06.005
- Water-Soluble Pentosans in Flours Varying Widely in Bread-Making Potential. Rita Pi-Chi Tao and Y. Pomeranz, Food Science, Volume 32, Issue 2, March 1967, Pages 162–168, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2621.1967.tb01284.x
- The dictionary definition of pentosan at Wiktionary