People's Democratic Party of Tajikistan
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: References needed for recent elections, better paragraph structure in lead (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||10 December 1994|
|Headquarters||Kohi Vahdat, Dushanbe, Tajikistan|
|Newspaper||Minbari Khalq (People's Tribune)|
|Youth wing||Sozandagoni Vatan (Creators of the Motherland)|
|Seats in the Assembly of Representatives|
47 / 63
The People's Democratic Party of Tajikistan or PDPT (Tajik: Ҳизби халқии демократии Тоҷикистон, romanized: Hizbi xalqii demokratii Tojikiston; Russian: Народная демократическая партия Таджикистана, romanized: Narodnaya demokraticheskaya partiya Tadzhikistana) has been the dominant and ruling party of Tajikistan since 1994.
The party was founded in 1994 by Abdulmajid Dostiev as the People's Party of Tajikistan. The party is located in the Palace of Unity in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. Since April 1998, the leader of the party has been the President of Tajikistan, Emomali Rahmon.
According to the party's charter, the PDPT is aimed at creating a "sovereign, democratic, secular, socially-oriented and unitary state with a stable economy". The statute also refers to "hopes for improving the well-being of society, protecting the interests of citizens, regardless of their social status, nationality or religious preferences". The party stands for a secular state and society and is also considered to be statist, Tajik nationalist and authoritarian.
The People's Democratic Party of Tajikistan has bilateral cooperation with foreign political parties including the Russia's ruling party United Russia, with the ruling Nur Otan in Kazakhstan, with the ruling New Azerbaijan Party, and with the Communist Party of China.
The party newspaper of the PDPT is Minbari Khalq (People's Tribune), published in Tajik, Russian and Uzbek languages twice a week, with a circulation of approximately 30,000 copies. Additionally, the party publishes socio-political magazines, including Mehvar and other magazines.
Assembly of Representatives elections
5 / 181
36 / 63
49 / 63
55 / 63
51 / 63
47 / 63
- "Дом Политпросвещения в Душанбе реконструируют. Его превратят в настоящий дворец" (in Russian). news.tj. Archived from the original on 2 July 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Background on the People's Democratic Party of Tajikistan". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Retrieved 14 January 2021.
- "Справка: Народно-демократическая партия Таджикистана" (in Russian). carnegie.ru. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Правящие партии РФ и Таджикистана подписали соглашение о взаимодействии" (in Russian). ru.sputnik-tj.com. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "НДПТ и "Нур Отан" подпишут соглашение о сотрудничестве" (in Russian). news.tj. Archived from the original on 9 September 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Правящие в Таджикистане и Азербайджане партии подписали меморандум о сотрудничествe" (in Russian). news.tj. Archived from the original on 9 September 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Таджикистан посетит делегация Компартии Китая" (in Russian). news.tj. Retrieved 24 July 2017.