Vietnam People's Public Security
|Vietnam People's Public Security
Công an Nhân dân Việt Nam
Logo of Vietnam People's Public Security
Six golden letters: For Security of Fatherland
For myself, to frugal integrity;
|Active||19 August 1945–present|
|Motto(s)||For Security of Fatherland|
|Colours||yellow, red, blue|
|March||We are the policemen
Author: Professor Trọng Bằng
Attack on Ôn Như Hầu Street
Gangs of Nam Cam
PMU 18 Corruption
Murder at Cat Tuong Beauty Salon
|Minister of Public Security||General Tô Lâm|
|Lê Hồng Anh,
The People's Public Security of Vietnam (Vietnamese: Công an Nhân dân Việt Nam) is the main police and security force of Vietnam. It is a part of Vietnam People's Armed Forces. It is under the control of Communist Party of Vietnam.
This force was created on 19 August 1945.
- 1 Functions and branches
- 2 The organisational system of the People's Public Security Forces
- 3 Department of Public Security of municipalities
- 4 Ranks of the People's Public Security of Vietnam
- 5 External links
Functions and branches
The People's Public Security of Vietnam has two branches:
- Vietnam People's Security
- Prevent, investigate, and defeat potential actions against enemies of the Vietnamese nation and that can endanger national security.
- Intelligence working.
- Joining forces in internal political security, economical security, ideology-cultural security, network security and information security with other uniformed bodies as established by law.
- Manage entrance or exit visas. Manage every foreign person and Vietnamese people in foreign country visit to Vietnam. Protect the secret of government. Work in mission to protect national security at border regions and crossings through legal means.
- Helping to build personal security in every kind of life, at every area in the country.
- Performing other duties, missions and responsibilities in keeping with the law.
- Vietnam People's Police (including Civil Defence forces)
- Working to prevent, investigate and solve environmental, political, traffic, functional and corruption-related criminal activities in keeping with the laws of the Socialist Republic
- Working with the general public on crime prevention and in participation in its actions
- Perform responsibilities and duties pertaining to:
- Identification security
- Public security
- Transport security
- Road and highway safety
- Civil defence
- Disaster preparedness and response
- Execute other duties and missions in accordance with the Constitution and the laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
These two forces are trained mainly at two institutions. That is, the People's Police Academy of Vietnam and the People's Security Institute of Vietnam.
The organisational system of the People's Public Security Forces
- The organisational system of the People's Public Security Forces is composed of:
- Ministry of Public Security;
- Public Security Departments of provinces and municipalities;
- Public Security Offices of rural districts, urban districts, towns and provincial cities;
- Public Security Posts of communes, wards and townships.
Department of Public Security of municipalities
- Hanoi Public Security Department
- Ho Chi Minh City Public Security Department
- Hai Phong Public Security Department
- Da Nang Public Security Department
- Can Tho Public Security Department
Ranks of the People's Public Security of Vietnam
Highest rank (Army Forces)
- General - only held by Minister of Public Security.
- Colonel General - usually held by Deputy Ministers of Public Security.
- Lieutenant General - usually held by Director Generals of General Department, Director General of Ho Chi Minh City Police Department, Director General of Hanoi Police Department.
- Major General - usually by Vice Director Generals of General Department and Directors of Department.
Middle-ranking and low-ranking officers
- Senior Colonel - usually held by Chiefs of Provincial Police and Directors of Department.
- Colonel - usually held by Chiefs of District Police and Chiefs of Division.
- Lieutenant Colonel - usually held by Chiefs of Ward Police and Chiefs of Police Team.
- First Lieutenant
- Second Lieutenant
- Sergeant Major
- Private First Class, Senior Constable, Firefighter 1st Class
- Private, Constable, Firefighter
Media related to Police of Vietnam at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (Vietnamese)