|Operating bases||St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport|
People's Viennaline (legally Altenrhein Luftfahrt GmbH), is an Austrian airline headquartered in Vienna. It operates scheduled and charter passenger flights from its base at St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport in Switzerland.
Founded in 2010, the first revenue flight of the company took place on 27 March 2011. For several years, People's Viennaline only operated a single scheduled route between its homebase and Vienna. However, the route network has since been expanded with some seasonal and charter services.
In November 2016, People's Viennaline inaugurated the world's shortest international jet route (and, after St. Maarten-Anguilla, second shortest international route overall). The flight from St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport, Switzerland to Friedrichshafen Airport, Germany takes only eight minutes of flight over Lake Constance and can be booked individually. The airline faced severe criticism for this service from politicians and environmental organisations. This leg is part of its new St.Gallen/Altenrhein-Friedrichshafen-Cologne/Bonn service. However, this entire route will be terminated entirely by the mid of April 2017 due to low passenger numbers. Shortly after, the airline announced to terminate its last remaining route from Friedrichshafen to Vienna as well.
As of April 2017, People's Viennaline operates one year-round scheduled route and some seasonal scheduled and charter services:
- Olbia - Costa Smeralda Airport seasonal charter
- Sardinia - Cagliari Elmas Airport seasonal charter
- Naples - Naples International Airport seasonal
- Palma de Mallorca - Palma de Mallorca Airport seasonal charter
- Ibiza - Ibiza Airport seasonal (begins 22 June 2017)
- Menorca - Menorca Airport seasonal
As of April 2017, People's Viennaline operates the following aircraft:
- People's Viennaline timetable
- People's Viennaline fleet list and company information at planespotters.net
- austrianwings.info - "People's Viennaline gives up Friedrichshafen and Cologne/Bonn" (German) 31 March 2017
- airliners.de - "People's Viennaline pulls out of Friedrichshafen" (German) 3 April 2017
- "Austrian aircraft register". Austro Control. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- peoples.ch - Flotte (German) retrieved 3 April 2017
Media related to People’s Viennaline at Wikimedia Commons