People for Animals
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Non-governmental organisation, non-profit|
|Purpose||Animal rights and welfare|
|M.C Mehta, Raj Punjwani, Pritish Nandy, Manu Parekh, Ambika Shukla and Gauri Maulekhi|
People for Animals (PFA), also known as People for Animals India, is India's largest animal welfare organization. Maneka Gandhi, who started the organization in 1992, is its current chairperson.
People for Animals regularly works with various other animals welfare and rights organizations such as Humane Society International (HSI) and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). An example of this combined liaising would be the successful ten year long campaign to ban seal fur and skin in India which was passed in April 2018.
On 5 June 2020, following a tweet by Maneka Gandhi condemning the death of a pregnant Elephant which was wrongly attributed to Malappuram district in Kerala, the official website was hacked and displayed a message calling out an attempt to spread communal hatred and bigotry by a group identified as "Kerala Cyber Warriors" 
- Staff Reporter; Reporter, Staff (22 January 2018). "People for Animals organises workshop". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Maneka Gandhi to sell her rare mica paintings to fund animal hospital - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "PEOPLE FOR ANIMALS". www.peopleforanimalsindia.org. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "India bans import of seal fur and skin, people welcome move". Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Seal fur is now banned in India, thanks to Humane Society International". India Today. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Animal protection bodies hail govt decision to prohibit import of seal skin". India Today. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Staff Reporter (5 June 2020). "People for Animals website hacked". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- "People for Animals Trustees". www.peopleforanimalsindia.org. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Blackbucks: Hunted by Royals For Centuries, Endangered Species Floor a 'Tiger'...Highlighting the vulnerability of this animal species, Gauri Maulekhi, Trustee, People For Animals (PFA) says blackbucks..." News18. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Gauri Maulekhi, Trustee, People For Animals (PFA) says blackbucks, known for their soft coat...https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/from-being-hunting-trophies-to-protected-species-the-lure-of-blackbucks/articleshow/63644903.cms
- "Units of PFA". www.peopleforanimalsindia.org. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "People for Animals Units". www.peopleforanimalsindia.org. Retrieved 28 April 2018.