Escobar has reported extensively from Afghanistan. In August 2000, Escobar and two other journalists were arrested by the Taliban, and accused of photographing a soccer match. The following year, he interviewed Ahmad Shah Masoud, the military leader of the anti-Taliban Northern Alliance, shortly before Masoud was assassinated.
On television, Escobar has commented on Russia's RT network, Iran's PressTV, and Qatar's Al Jazeera's The Stream. On radio, he has been a guest on Sibel Edmonds' Boiling Frogs Show, The Peter B. Collins Show, Anti-War Radio with Scott Horton, What Really Happened Show, Corbett Report, The Voice of Russia's Burning Point, Ernest Hancock's FreedomPhoenix.com and The Alex Jones Show.
An excerpted paragraph from his column of August 30, 2001:
"Osama bin Laden - also the No 1 target of the CIA's counter-terrorism center - is now a superstar playing the bad guy in some sort of planetary Hollywood fiction. Yet inside Afghanistan today, where the Saudi Arabian lives in exile, Osama is a minor character. He is ill and always in hiding - usually "somewhere near Kabul". Once in a while he travels incognito to Peshawar. His organization, the Al Qa'Ida, is split, and in tatters. The Taliban owe him a lot for his past deeds towards the movement and in putting them in power in Afghanistan - contributing with a stack of his own personal fortune of millions of dollars. But no longer an asset, he has become a liability."
- Escobar, P. 2007, Globalistan: How the Globalized World is Dissolving into Liquid War, Nimble Books.
- Escobar, P. 2007, Red Zone Blues: A Snapshot of Baghdad During the Surge, Nimble Books.
- Escobar, P. 2009, Obama Does Globalistan, Nimble Books.
- Al Jazeera bio of Escobar
- Sharma, Dinesh and Gielen, Uwe, "About the Contributors", The Global Obama: Crossroads of Leadership in the 21st Century, Routledge 2013
- Dartnell, Michael York, Insurgency Online: Web Activism and Global Conflict, University of Toronto Press, 2006, p. 56
- Biography of Escobar at Asia Times
- "Get Osama! Now! Or else ...". www.atimes.com. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Escobar, P. 2001, 'Get Osama! Now! Or else...', 30 August 2001. Retrieved on 28 April 2008.
- Manning, D. & Cotton, M. 2007, 'Embedded with Power: An interview with Pepe Escobar' (part 1, part 2), Mediabite, no date.
- The Real News Network
- The Roving Eye (Asia Times Online)
- Stories by Pepe Escobar
|This article about a Brazilian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|