|Created by||Sue Rose|
|Based on||Pepper Ann|
by Sue Rose
|Directed by||Sherie Pollack (season 1)|
Brad Goodchild (seasons 2-5)
|Voices of||Kathleen Wilhoite|
|Theme music composer||Brian Woodbury|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||65 (113 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Sue Rose|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Walt Disney Television Animation|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||ABC (seasons 1-3)|
UPN (seasons 4-5)
|Original release||September 13, 1997 –|
November 18, 2000
Pepper Ann is an American animated television series created by Sue Rose and aired on Disney's One Saturday Morning on ABC. It debuted on September 13, 1997, and ended on November 18, 2000. Pepper Ann was the first Disney animated television series to be created by a woman.
Pepper Ann focuses on the trials and tribulations that occur during the titular character's adolescence and charts her ups and downs at Hazelnut Middle School. It aired as part of the Disney's One Saturday Morning block. The character originated in a comic strip published in YM magazine.
|First aired||Last aired||Network|
|1||13||September 13, 1997||January 24, 1998||ABC|
|2||13||September 12, 1998||January 16, 1999|
|3||8||September 11, 1999||January 22, 2000|
|4||18||February 6, 2000||February 27, 2000||UPN|
|5||13||September 9, 2000||November 18, 2000||ABC/UPN
(Disney's One Saturday Morning)/(Disney's One Too)
- Jennifer "Pepper Ann" Pearson (voiced by Kathleen Wilhoite): The titular protagonist of the series, a redheaded 12-year-old girl whose emotions come out in fantasies.
- Nicky Anais Little (voiced by Clea Lewis): Pepper Ann's best friend.
- Milo Kamalani (voiced by Danny Cooksey): Other best friend of Pepper Ann, who he calls "P.A." for short.
- Lydia Pearson (voiced by April Winchell): Mother of Pepper Ann and Moose.
- Margaret Rose "Moose" Pearson (voiced by Pamela Adlon): Pepper Ann's younger 7-year-old sister.
- Principal Hickey (voiced by Don Adams): Hazelnut Middle School's tough disciplinarian with zero tolerance for Pepper Ann's shenanigans.
- Janie Lilly Diggety (voiced by Susan Tolsky): Pepper Ann and Moose's aunt and Lydia's sister, who served in the Peace Corps.
- JoJo Diggety (voiced by Tino Insana): Pepper Ann and Moose's uncle and Janie's husband, who works as a cop.
- Trinket St. Blair (voiced by Jenna von Oÿ): A spoiled rich popular girl.
- Dieter Lederhosen (voiced by Jeff Bennett): The German exchange student.
- Cissy Rooney (voiced by Kath Soucie): An airheaded popular girl who is Trinket's best friend.
- Tessa & Vanessa James (voiced by Cree Summer): The gossipy twin sisters who finish each other's sentences.
- Peter "Pink-Eye Pete" Oglevee (voiced by Jeff Bennett): A nerdy kid who suffers from pink eye.
- Craig Bean (voiced by Jeff Bennett): The "cool" 8th grader, and Pepper Ann's love interest.
- Alice Kane (voiced by Lauren Tom): Pepper Ann's nerdy rival.
- Gwen Mezzrow (voiced by Kimmy Robertson): A bubbly girl who constantly alternates between being Milo's love interest and stalker.
All 65 episodes of the series were released on Disney+ on September 8, 2021, with the episodes from seasons 4 and 5 listed under season 3 on the platform and most of the season 5 episode segments in mismatched order.
- Mallory, Michael (March 19, 2000). "Move Over, Old Men". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 11, 2010.
- Perlmutter, David (2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 451. ISBN 978-1538103739.
- Erickson, Hal (2005). Television Cartoon Shows: An Illustrated Encyclopedia, 1949 Through 2003 (2nd ed.). McFarland & Co. pp. 267–268. ISBN 978-1476665993.
- Gerston, Jill (November 23, 1997). "SIGNOFF; A Spunky Heroine Navigates Adolescence". The New York Times. USA. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- Johnson, Zach (August 17, 2021). "Everything New You Can Stream on Disney+ in September 2021". D23. Retrieved August 17, 2021.
- Pepper Ann on Disney+
|Wikiquote has quotations related to Pepper Ann.|