This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It arose in 1964 by a merger of the municipalities Perín (first written mention 1220; before 1927 called Perina) and Chym (first written mention 1294; also called Him in some periods in the past). The municipality Vyšný Lanec was merged with Perín-Chym in 1991.
Some of the historical names of "Perín"
- 1220 - Latin: villa Peruen
- 1295 - villa Perwen
- 1316 - Purwen
- 1317 - Peruen
- 1318 - Purun
- 1319 - Peren
- 1329 - Pirin
- 1330 - Purym
- 1336 - Perynä
- 1351 - Perueyn
- 1352 - Peren
- 1773 - Slovak: Perina; Hungarian: Perény
- 1808 - sk: Peříňa, Perýňa, hu: Perény
The name Peruen is derived from *Prven (Peruen), a Slavic name.
- Mayor: Adriena Baranová
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20110824073103/http://perin-chym.obecweb.sk/ Website
- Population: 1,496
- Region: Košice Region
- District: Košice-okolie District
|This Košice-okolie District geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|