|Died||13 July 2011 (aged 48)|
|Known for||Head of the grocery chain Kiwi|
Per-Erik Burud (15 October 1962 – 13 July 2011) was a Norwegian billionaire and head of the grocery chain Kiwi. He joined Kiwi in 1991, and by 2007 he was Norway's 134th richest man with a fortune of NOK 1.1 billion.
Burud bought a share post in Kiwi in 1991, when the chain had eight stores. During Burud's time in charge of the grocery chain it has expanded, and by 2008 had almost quadrupled the number of employees and stores, and increased revenues six-fold. In 2007 the chain had 413 stores. In 2011 the chain had 450 stores, 8,000 employees and the company had a turnover of NOK 20 billion.
Burud was known for his use of inventive marketing campaigns. In 2000, Burud started a campaign in which the chain gave away every fifth pack of diapers for free. The agreement was the start of a fierce price competition in the Norwegian market for diapers. At the same time a campaign started in which the stores promised the customer the item for free if they discovered items that had reached their expiration date. In 2007, Burud launched a campaign against the value added tax on fruit and vegetables, in which the group covered the VAT on 14 percent of all fresh fruits and vegetables, and he challenged the authorities to make the tax cut permanent.
On 13 July 2011, Burud was reported missing after a boating accident outside Tjøme, where his wife was confirmed dead. The police declared on the evening of 13 July that they assumed Burud was dead. After several days of intensive search, on 21 July the body of a man was found in the area where Burud went missing. The next day the man was identified as Burud.
- "Rikingene har aldri vært rikere". Drammens Tidende (in Norwegian). 21 September 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- Sverre Rørvik Nilsen; Øistein Svelle; Ole Martin Skaug (13 July 2011). "Ble kremmer som 5-åring". E24 Næringsliv (in Norwegian). Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Mål og utvikling" (in Norwegian). Kiwi. Archived from the original on 21 May 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- "Kiwi-toppsjef Per-Erik Burud (48) savnet etter båtulykke". Tønsbergs Blad (in Norwegian). 13 July 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Kiwi-sjefen antas omkommet". Verdens Gang (in Norwegian). 13 July 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- Lundh, Francis; Arild Færaas; Heidi Erikssen (21 July 2011). "Mann funnet død ved Tjøme". Verdens Gang (in Norwegian). Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- Brustad, Line; Tuva Bønke Grønning; Linn Kongsli Lundervold (22 July 2011). "Død mann identifisert som Per-Erik Burud". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 22 July 2011.