This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Enterprise Content Management, Document Management,|
|Founded||Shawnee, Kansas (1995)|
Number of locations
|Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom|
|Scott Coons (President and CEO)|
Number of employees
|900+ worldwide |
Perceptive Software is a business unit of Lexmark International that develops and markets enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), and document output management (DOM) applications. It has headquarters in Lenexa, Kansas, USA,
The company was founded in 1988 as Genesis Software and initially produced accounts payable software applications. The name changed to Perceptive Vision in 1995, when the company's focus shifted to document management, imaging and workflow and its flagship product, ImageNow. The company became Perceptive Software in 2004 and was acquired by Lexmark International in 2010 for $280 million.
In March 2012, Lexmark International acquired Australia-based ISYS Search Software for $32 million and U.S.-based Nolij Corporation for $32 million. ISYS builds enterprise search solutions, and Nolij develops web-based document imaging and workflow software.
In January 2013, Lexmark acquired Minnesota-based Acuo Technologies for $45 million. Acuo Technologies develops medical imaging document management software.
In March 2013, Lexmark announced acquisitions of AccessVia and Twistage for a combined purchase price of approximately $31.5 million.
In late August 2013, Lexmark signed an agreement to acquire Germany-based Saperion AG, a leading developer and provider of enterprise content management (ECM) and business process management (BPM) software in Europe, for a cash purchase price of approximately $72 million.
In early October 2013, Lexmark acquired PACSGEAR, a leading provider of connectivity solutions for medical image management and electronic health records, for a cash purchase price of approximately $54 million. PACSGEAR will report into Perceptive Software.
In November 2014, Lexmark acquired the Swedish company ReadSoft, a leading provider in capture solution and especially in invoice processing fully integrated in SAP.
In March 2015, Lexmark announced an agreement to acquire (technically merge with) Kofax Limited for approximately $1 billion (US). Kofax and Perceptive will constitute a Lexmark Enterprise Software unit, but specific organizational details have not been announced.
Perceptive Software publishes the online magazine, devoted to the coverage of news, trends, and solutions related to enterprise content management.
The product focus for Perceptive Software is enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), and document output management (DOM) software technology and applications. Core components of this software are document and records management, document imaging, enterprise information management, eForms, and records and information management (RIM).
The company’s business applications automate back office processes such as accounting and financials, human resources, contract management, payroll, legal and compliance. Key industries currently using Perceptive Software’s ECM applications include higher education, customer service, healthcare, government, and financial services.
Perceptive Software has been named a Computerworld Honors Laureate, and president and CEO Scott Coons has received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. The Kansas City Business Journal honored Perceptive Software with its "Hall of Champions" award in 2010.
Employees voted it one of Kansas City’s “Best Places to Work" in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. Additionally, the Kansas City Business Journal named Perceptive Software a Champion of Business in 2010.
Perceptive Software’s "Community Works" program supports a mix of causes, philanthropies and programs in which its employees are invested. The company’s annual dodge-ball tournament, Dodge for a Cause, benefits the Kansas City chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and has generated nearly $90,000 for diabetes research and programs.
Educating Excellence, a program developed in partnership with the University of Kansas School of Engineering, recognizes outstanding Kansas and Kansas City-area high school science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) teachers.
Other organizations supported by Perceptive Software include the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Cells for Cells, Harvesters, Kansas City Corporate Challenge, Light the Night, Old Shawnee Days, Rebuilding Together Shawnee, Run for Mercy and Treads and Threads.
Its global headquarters includes a slide between the second and first floors and a regulation dodgeball court.
- Alyson, Raletz (3 February 2012). "Apple co-founder rolls into Perceptive Software on a Segway". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "HIStalk Interviews Scott Coons, President and CEO, Perceptive Software". HIStalk. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Ellen, Jensen (6 June 2010). "Change and constancy: Perceptive Software will have a new owner but the same old goal: growth". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Lexmark International buys Perceptive Software for $280M". Kansas City Business Journal. 21 May 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Alyson, Raletz (10 February 2012). "Perceptive Software's global growth brings local jobs". Kansas City Business Journal.
- "Lexmark acquires Pallas Athena". PR Newswire. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Alyson, Raletz (19 March 2012). "Perceptive Software absorbs two more technology companies". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Lexmark acquires Acuo Technologies - Jan 2, 2013". Newsroom.lexmark.com. 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Lexmark acquires Twistage and AccessVia". Newsroom.lexmark.com. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- Kaberline, Brian. "Perceptive Software parent will buy Kofax in $1B deal". American City Business Journals. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Lexmark to acquire Kofax". Perceptive Software. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Sara, Stroud. "End the Paper(less) Chase". Campus Technology. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- Ann, McClure. "Streamlining Admissions: Opening the Front Door". University Business. Retrieved 1 August 2008.
- Suzanna, Stagemeyer (18 May 2008). "People power: Perceptive Software finds key to happy clients: Hire right employees". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 18 May 2008.
- Mark, Thompson. "Enterprise Content Management -- Going paperless can save more than trees". Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- Jonna, Lorenz (30 April 2010). "Kansas City Business Journal's 2010 Champions of Business". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- Jonna, Lorenz (12 May 2011). "Luncheon honors area's best businesses". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- Todd, Natenberg (10 February 2008). "Perceptive's awareness delivers steady growth". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 10 February 2008.
- Perceptive Software Official Website
- Browse Perceptive Software ImageNow Case Studies
- Perceptive Software ImageNow®
- Perceptive Software LearnMode™ Technology
- Perceptive Software Community Works
- Perceptive Software Educating Excellence
- Perceptive Software InContext Magazine
- Perceptive Software Inspire 2012
- Perceptive Software Facebook
- Perceptive Software Twitter
- Perceptive Software Linkedin