Percy Seymour, 18th Duke of Somerset
Percy Hamilton Seymour, 18th Duke of Somerset (Crowborough, Sussex, 27 September 1910 – 15 November 1984), styled Lord Seymour between 1931 and 1954, of Bradley House in the parish of Maiden Bradley, Wiltshire, was a British peer.
He was the son of Evelyn Seymour, 17th Duke of Somerset by his wife Edith Parker, a daughter of William Parker by his wife Lucinda Steeves.
Marriage & progeny
In London on 18 December 1951, he married Gwendoline Collette Jane Thomas (d. 18 February 2005, aged 91), daughter of Major John Cyril Collette Thomas, of Burn Cottage, Bude, Cornwall, by whom he had three children:
- John Michael Edward Seymour, 19th Duke of Somerset (b. 30 December 1952).
- Lady Anne Frances Mary Seymour (b. Bath, 11 November 1954), unmarried and without issue.
- Lord Francis Charles Edward Seymour (b. Bath, 10 August 1956), married on 22 May 1982 Paddy Poynder, daughter of Colonel Anthony John Irvine Tony Poynder (d. 28 November 2004), MC, Corps of Royal Engineers, and has issue:
- Poppy Hermione Alexandra Seymour (b. 1988).
- Webb Edward Percy Seymour (b. 1990).
- Leonora Hermione Jane Seymour (b. 1995).
- Hermione Anne Tara Seymour (b. 1997).
|Ancestors of Percy Seymour, 18th Duke of Somerset|
- "England and Wales Census, 1901". FamilySearch.org. FamilySearch. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Obituary - The Duke of Somerset, The Times, Saturday, 17 November 1984
|Peerage of England|
|Duke of Somerset