Percy Sladen Memorial Trust
The Percy Sladen Memorial Trust is a trust fund administered by the Linnean Society of London for the support of scientific research. It was endowed by Constance Sladen, who was married to the marine biologist Percy Sladen (1849–1900), in his memory.
The Trust has in general been devoted to the support of field work. Major scientific expeditions that have been funded under the Trust include:
- the Percy Sladen Trust Expedition to Melanesia;
- the Percy Sladen Trust Expedition to West Africa;
- the Percy Sladen Trust Expeditions to the Abrolhos Islands (1913,1915);
- the Percy Sladen Trust Expedition to Lake Titicaca (1937)
- Gardiner, Brian G. (2003). "A biography of Percy Sladen (1849–1900)" (PDF). The Linnean (Special Issue No. 4). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- The reports of this expedition were published in three volumes of the Transactions of the Linnean Society of London.2nd Series: Zoology. Volume I (Volume 12 of the journal, 1907-9); Volume II (Volume 13, 1909-10); Volume III (Volume 14, 1910-12)