Percy William Jewson (16 February 1881 – 18 April 1962) was an English businessman and National Liberal politician from Norwich. He sat in the House of Commons from 1941 to 1945 as MP for Great Yarmouth.
Jewson was the son of John William Jewson, and he was involved for most of his career with the family's timber importing firm of Jewson and Sons Ltd. During World War I he served in France and Belgium as an officer of the Worcestershire Regiment, and was wounded.
By 1941 he was the chairman of Norwich Central Liberal Association. Sir Arthur Harbord, the National Liberal Member of Parliament (MP) for Yarmouth, died in February 1941. At a joint meeting of the constituency's Conservative and National Liberal Associations, Jewson was selected on 31 March as the National Government candidate for the Great Yarmouth by-election, 1941.
The parties in the coalition had agreed not to contest vacancies which arose in seats held by the other government parties, and Jewson was returned unopposed at the close of nominations on 8 April. He held the seat until the 1945 general election, when he was defeated by the Labour Party candidate Ernest Kinghorn.
Jewson was involved in tennis for most of his life. As was a doubles player he represented Norfolk in many inter-county championships, and was also successful in many tournaments in East Anglia. He became a chairman of the Lawn Tennis Association, and was an honorary vice-president of the Association until his death.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "G" (part 2)
- "Obituary: Mr. P. W. Jewson". The Times. London. 19 April 1962. pp. 23, col E.
- "News in Brief: Yarmouth by-election". The Times. London. 1 April 1941. pp. 2, col D.
- "Obituaries: Sir Arthur Harbord". The Times. London. 25 February 1941. pp. 7, col E.
- "News in Brief". The Times. London. 9 April 1941. pp. 2, col G.
- "No. 35134". The London Gazette. 11 April 1941. p. 2109.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1983) . British parliamentary election results 1918–1949 (3rd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 138. ISBN 0-900178-06-X.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Percy Jewson
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Yarmouth
1941 – 1945