Peresvet (laser weapon)
Peresvet (Russian: Пересвет) is a Russian laser weapon. Most of the information about the complex remains secret, however, according to experts, it is supposed to perform the tasks of Air Defense and Missile defense. According to the military expert Igor Korotchenko, director of the Center for Analysis of the World Trade in Arms, the Peresvet combat laser can be successfully used against unmanned aerial vehicles. At the same time, its effectiveness directly depends on environmental conditions; in good weather, it works perfectly, but fog, rain, snow and other adverse weather events can interfere with the passage of the laser beam. The expert also added that such installations consume a lot of electricity, so using them as a portable tool is unlikely to succeed; but in the future they will be able to protect many military bases and other locations from penetrations of unmanned drones into their territory.
Nomination to firing position and the transfer of combat equipment of the complex from marching to combat position.
- The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation placed combat lasers in places of dislocation // NG, August 5, 2018
- Will Peresvet achieve the goal // NG, Dec 5, 2018
- "Russian claims that new Peresvet combat laser system already in service - Defense Blog". 2018-07-18. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- Expert told about the shortcomings of the Peresvet combat laser // Mail-ru
- also presented during a message to the Federal Assembly: Poseidon (submarine), Petrel (cruise missile).
- Peresvet took over Combat duty