Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Not to be confused with the town of Perito.
|Comune di Pereto|
Medieval castle in Pereto
|• Total||41.16 km2 (15.89 sq mi)|
|Elevation||800 m (2,600 ft)|
|• Density||16/km2 (42/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. George|
|Saint day||April 23|
It was an ancient centre of the Marsi.
- Medieval castle, with its 13th-century imposing towers, which belonged to the Colonna family from the late 15th century.
- Sanctuary of Madonna del Monte. According to the local tradition, it was erected in 608 AD. It houses some notable late-15th-century frescoes and a Crucifix carried here by Pope Boniface IV for the church's consecration.
Outside the hamlet is the Church of Santa Maria in Cellis (1132).
|This Abruzzo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.