Perfect Game (2011 film)
|Revised Romanization||Peopekteu Geim|
|Directed by||Park Hee-gon|
|Produced by||Lee Ho-seong
|Written by||Park Hee-gon|
|Music by||Kim Tae-seong|
|Edited by||Kim Chang-ju|
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
Perfect Game (Hangul: 퍼펙트 게임; RR: Peopekteu Geim) is a 2011 South Korean film based on the true story of rivals Sun Dong-yeol of the Haitai Tigers and Choi Dong-won of the Lotte Giants, the top pitchers in the Korea Baseball Organization league during the 1980s. The rivalry between the two was further heated up by regionalism at the time with Sun representing the Jeolla Province and Choi, the Gyeongsang Province.
The sports movie revisits one of the most exciting matches in Korean baseball history on May 16, 1987, which would be the last time the two stars would face each other, and ended in a 15-inning draw, although neither actually pitched a perfect game. It stars Jo Seung-woo as Choi and Yang Dong-geun as Sun.
- Jo Seung-woo - Choi Dong-won
- Yang Dong-geun - Sun Dong-yeol
- Choi Jung-won - Sports writer Seo-hyung
- Juni - Min-kyung
- Cho Jin-woong - Kim Yong-chul
- Ma Dong-seok - Park Man-soo
- Lee Do-kyeong - Coach Sung Ki-young
- Lee Hae-woo - Kang Hyun-soo
- Jo Chan-hyung - Han Moon-yeon
- Son Byong-ho - Kim Eung-ryong
- Kim Young-min - Kang Sung-tae
- Lee Seon-jin - Man-soo's wife
- Kong Jeong-hwan - Yoo Doo-yeol
- Cha Hyeon-woo - Jang Chae-geun
- Kim Dong-hee - Jung Young-ki
- Park Seo-joon - Chil-goo
- Dan Asenlund - Canadian play-by-play commentator
- Lasse Lindh - Canadian color commentator
- Choi Il-hwa - Hyun-soo's father (cameo)
- Kim Byung-ok - Chief secretary (cameo)
- Lee Byung-joon - Department head Choi (cameo)
- Oh Jung-se - Sports commentator (cameo)
- Choi Won-young - Sportscaster (cameo)
- Jang Kyeong-ah - Reporter (cameo)
- Go Se-won - Jae-suk (cameo)
- Yeo Ho-min - (cameo)
- Lee Si-eon - Member of the national team / MBC Baseball player (cameo)
- Song Sam-dong - Senior (cameo)
- "Perfect Game(2011)". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- '퍼펙트게임' 롯데 이용훈 "1군 경기였더라면…". Yonhap (in Korean). 17 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Kim, Heidi (13 April 2011). "Actor Cho Seung-woo cast in a new baseball film". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Jin-ho (13 December 2011). "Preview: Perfect Game Shows Why Baseball is Popular". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hooker, Zachary R. (5 January 2012). "Perfect Game". Korean Cinema Today. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "2011.12.16 Now Playing". Korea JoongAng Daily. 16 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Perfect Game (2011)". The Chosun Ilbo. 23 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Jin-ho (13 December 2011). "Cho Seung Woo Says Baseball Legends Can't be Compared". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Jin-ho (13 December 2011). "Cho Jin Woong Has Newfound Respect for Baseball". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Cho Seung Woo: 'I Want to Break Record of Other Baseball Movies'". KBS Global. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Ji-hye (26 December 2011). "INTERVIEW: Actor Cho Seung-woo - Part 1". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Ji-hye (26 December 2011). "INTERVIEW: Actor Cho Seung-woo - Part 2". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Official website (Korean)
- Perfect Game at the Korean Movie Database
- Perfect Game on Internet Movie Database
- Perfect Game at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|