||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Notting Hill, London, UK|
Perfect Songs is an independent music publishing company with a catalogue containing many memorable songs of the past 25 years.
Songs featured in their catalogue include Relax and Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood – two of the best selling pop hits of the 1980s, the Grammy Award-winning Kiss From A Rose by Seal, Frankie's The Power of Love, and Dreams and Sunshine by Gabrielle (singer), and Beatbox, Close (To The Edit) and Moments in Love by the Art of Noise – two of the most sampled songs in history.
The company was formed in 1982 by record producer Trevor Horn and manager Jill Sinclair and it has been based at the same office –Sarm Studios - ever since. Horn's credits date back to Baby Blue, a 1979 co-write for Dusty Springfield, via hit songs of the 1980s written for Malcolm McLaren and Grace Jones to co-writes in the 2000s (decade) for Cher, Lisa Stansfield and several worldwide smash hit singles for t.A.T.u..
In recent years, Perfect has signed David Jordan (singer) (whose 2007 debut album, Set The Mood, has sold over 150,000 copies), singer-songwriter Kid Harpoon, Alistair Griffin, and Tim Hutton (whose recent co-writes include Ian Brown and Sugardaddy, a partnership with Tom Findlay from Groove Armada).
Two of Perfect's most enduring songwriters were both signed as almost complete unknowns, and have since collected an impressive line of Grammy nominations and awards. Seal, whose hits include Crazy, Kiss From A Rose, Killer and Future Love Paradise. And Marsha Ambrosius, who signed to Perfect in the very early 2000s (decade) and has written for and in collaboration with Michael Jackson and Alicia Keys.
A selection of songs in the Perfect Songs repertoire:
- 808 State - "Pacific State"
- Alicia Keys - "Go Ahead"
- Alistair Griffin - "You And Me Tonight"
- Amy Winehouse - "Close To The Front"
- Art of Noise - "Beat Box"
- David Jordan - "Sun Goes Down"
- The Frames - "Dance The Devil Back Into His Hole"
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Relax"
- Gabrielle - "Give Me A Little More Time"
- Grace Jones - "Slave To The Rhythm"
- Kid Harpoon - "Her Body Sways"
- Malcolm McLaren - "Buffalo Gals"
- Mark Morrison - "Return of The Mack"
- Mutya Buena - "Song For Mutya"
- The Pogues - "Fairytale Of New York"
- Seal - "Crazy"
- Shane MacGowan and Moya Brennan - "You're The One"
- Shane MacGowan and Sinéad O'Connor - "Haunted"
- Sugababes - "Overload"
- t.A.T.u. - "All The Things She Said"