Perfect World (company)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Formerly NASDAQ: PWRD|
|Industry||Game developer and publisher|
|Founded||March, 2004[third-party source needed]|
|Headquarters||Beijing, China and Redwood City, California|
|Revenue||CN¥3.05 billion (2013)|
|CN¥542.4 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Antaeus Cinema Line
Perfect World Entertainment
Perfect World (Chinese: 完美世界; formerly 完美时空) is a China-based video game company specializing in MMORPGs. Perfect World was founded in 2004 by Chi Yufeng, the president of Human Software Corporation. The company aims to develop and market games with Chinese characteristics. The company's initial public offering on the Nasdaq was completed in July, 2007.
Perfect World is parent to Seattle-based game developer Runic Games. In 2009, Perfect World entered into an agreement to publish Torchlight, an action-RPG in production by Runic Games worldwide and later bought a majority stake in Runic Games.
- Perfect World (video game) - 3D MMORPG January 2006
- Legend of Martial Arts - 3D MMORPG September 2006
- Perfect World II - 3D MMORPG November 2006
- Jade Dynasty - 3D MMORPG May 2007
- Chi Bi - 3D MMORPG January 2008
- Hot Dance Party - 3D MMORPG March 2008
- Pocketpet Journey West - 3D MMORPG October 2008
- Battle of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG April 2009
- Ether Saga Odyssey - 3D MMORPG - July 2009
- Fantasy Zhu Xian - 2D MMORPG October 2009
- Dragon Excalibur - 2D MMORPG October 2010
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG - October 2010
- Empire of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG - Q4 2010
- War of the Immortals - 3D MMORPG - December 2012
- Neverwinter - 3D MMORPG - June 2013*
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Online - Multiplayer action role-playing game for iOS, Android and Windows - 2016
- Swordsman Online - 3D MMORPG - To Be Announced*
Perfect World Entertainment
Perfect World Entertainment is the company’s North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment currently operates 10 titles.
Perfect World Europe B.V
Created in early 2010, in Amsterdam, Perfect World Europe focuses on localizing and operating massively multiplayer games in Europe. Currently, it has Jade Dynasty as well as Forsaken World in both French and German.
- Perfect World II - French, German - 3D MMORPG November 2006
- Jade Dynasty - English - 3D MMORPG May 2007
- Forsaken World - French, German - 3D MMORPG - October 2010
- Star Trek Online - French, German - 3D MMORPG - February 2010
- Blacklight: Retribution - 3D MMORPG - April 2012
- War of the Immortals - French, German - 3D MMORPG - December 2012
- Neverwinter - French, German, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Russian - 3D MMORPG - June 2013
- Swordsman Online - French, German, Turkish - 3D MMORPG - July 2014
- Perfect World - 3D MMORPG
- Legend of Martial Arts - 3D MMORPG
- Zhu Xian - 3D MMORPG
- Chi Bi - 3D MMORPG
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG
Collaboration with Valve
On October 18, 2012, Valve Corporation announced an agreement granting Perfect World exclusive rights to market and distribute Dota 2 in mainland China. CEO Robert Hong Xiao stated that his company was "confident that adding this action strategy game to our diverse portfolio of games will bring additional world-class entertainment and premier gaming experiences to our players in China."
On 25 February 2016, Perfect World hosted Dota 2's Shanghai Major. The event was badly managed and widely received to be a failure, mainly due to the firing of James "2GD" Harding, delays on stream, and various other problems within the tournament, including the theft and deterioration of the competing teams' equipment.
- "Milestones". Perfect World Corporate. Perfect World. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "2013 Annual Report" (PDF).
- IGN. Beijing Perfect World Co. Ltd
- AP. Perfect World shares surge in debut. July 26, 2007.
- "Perfect World Enters into Publishing Agreement with Runic Games" (Press release). Perfect World Co., Ltd. 2009-04-22. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- Frater, Patrick (September 7, 2016). "China's Perfect World Buys Antaeus Cinema Chain". Variety. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- Romano, Sal (2015-09-19). "Final Fantasy Type-0 Online announced for PC and smartphones". Gematsu. Archived from the original on 2015-09-19. Retrieved 2015-09-19.