Perfect World Games
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Game developer and publisher|
|Parent||Perfect World Co.|
Perfect World Games is a Chinese video game developer and video game publisher specializing in massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Perfect World was founded in 2004 by Chi Yufeng, the president of Human Software Corporation. The company aims to develop and market games with Chinese characteristics.
- Perfect World - 3D MMORPG - January 2006
- Legend of Martial Arts - 3D MMORPG - September 2006
- Perfect World II - 3D MMORPG - November 2006
- Jade Dynasty - 3D MMORPG - May 2007
- Chi Bi - 3D MMORPG - January 2008
- Hot Dance Party - 3D MMORPG - March 2008
- Pocketpet Journey West - 3D MMORPG - October 2008
- Battle of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG - April 2009
- Ether Saga Odyssey - 3D MMORPG - July 2009
- Fantasy Zhu Xian - 2D MMORPG - October 2009
- Dragon Excalibur - 2D MMORPG - October 2010
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG - October 2010
- Empire of the Immortals - 2.5D MMORPG - Q4 2010
- War of the Immortals - 3D MMORPG - December 2012
- Neverwinter - 3D MMORPG - June 2013*
- Swordsman Online - 3D MMORPG - July 2014
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Online - Multiplayer action role-playing game for iOS, Android and Windows - 2017
- Perfect World Mobile - Mobile MMORPG game for iOS, Android September 2019
Perfect World Entertainment
Perfect World Entertainment is the company’s North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs founded in 2008.
Perfect World Europe B.V
Created in early 2010, in Amsterdam, Perfect World Europe focuses on localizing and operating massively multiplayer games in Europe. As of 2011, it has Jade Dynasty as well as Forsaken World in both French and German.
- Perfect World II - French, German - 3D MMORPG November 2006
- Jade Dynasty - English - 3D MMORPG May 2007
- Forsaken World - French, German - 3D MMORPG - October 2010
- Star Trek Online - French, German - 3D MMORPG - February 2010
- Blacklight: Retribution - 3D FPS - April 2012 (PC Version discontinued March 2019)
- War of the Immortals - French, German - 3D MMORPG - December 2012
- Neverwinter - French, German, Italian, Turkish, Polish, Russian - 3D MMORPG - June 2013
- Swordsman Online - French, German, Turkish - 3D MMORPG - July 2014
- Perfect World - 3D MMORPG
- Legend of Martial Arts - 3D MMORPG
- Zhu Xian - 3D MMORPG
- Chi Bi - 3D MMORPG
- Forsaken World - 3D MMORPG
- Champions Online - 3D MMORPG - September 2009
Collaboration with Valve
On October 18, 2012, Valve announced an agreement granting Perfect World exclusive rights to market and distribute Dota 2 in mainland China. CEO Robert Hong Xiao stated that his company was "confident that adding this action strategy game to our diverse portfolio of games will bring additional world-class entertainment and premier gaming experiences to our players in China."
On February 25, 2016, Perfect World hosted Dota 2's Shanghai Major. While the tournament itself was well received in regards to the player performances, the event garnered criticism due to delays on stream, spotty broadcasts and various other problems within the tournament, including the theft and deterioration of the competing teams' equipment. In the month that followed the event, the president of Perfect World, Yunfan Zhang, apologized for the issues with the event.
On September 24, 2017, Valve announced on the Counter-Strike blog that Perfect World would also be distributing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in the Chinese market through the company's service.
On June 12, 2018, Perfect World announced their subsidiary Perfect World Zhengqi (Chinese: 蒸汽; lit.: 'steam') would collaborate with Valve and build "Steam China". All games on Steam China will be checked by the Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China. Most Steam users criticized Perfect World, believing it will destroy the Chinese game market. China Central Television (CCTV) has also mentioned these concerns during their "Live News" on Channel 13 (News Channel).
- IGN. Beijing Perfect World Co. Ltd
- Romano, Sal (2015-09-19). "Final Fantasy Type-0 Online announced for PC and smartphones". Gematsu. Archived from the original on 2015-09-19. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-02-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Schreier, Jason (November 3, 2017). "Studio Behind Torchlight Shuts Down; Big Layoffs At Studio Behind Gigantic". Kotaku. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-21. Retrieved 2012-10-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Perfect World apologises for Shanghai Major mess". Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive". blog.counter-strike.net. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "Perfect World announced "Steam China"". weibo.com. Retrieved 2018-07-24.