This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: PRFT|
S&P 600 Component
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Jeffrey S. Davis (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$498.4 million (2018)|
|US$35.94 million (2018)|
|US$24.6 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Perficient, Inc. is a consulting firm serving enterprise customers throughout North America. The company's efforts include enterprise mobile applications, creative services, marketing, digital strategy Internet of Things, information technology, management consulting, custom development, and platform implementations.
Perficient has offices in North America, Europe, India, and China.
Formation and early years
The company was founded in Austin, Texas in August 1997 by Bryan Menell. The first angel investors in the company were Steve Papermaster and David Lundeen. The company secured its first channel partnership with Vignette, a provider of content management systems.
The company held its initial public offering on July 29, 1999. In December 1999, the company completed its first acquisition of LoreData based in New London, Connecticut. In May 2000, Perficient acquired Compete, Inc.
In 2001, Vertecon Inc. was acquired.
Jack McDonald became CEO of Perficient in 1999 and chairman in 2001. McDonald served in both positions until 2009. Lori Hawkins of Statesman noted that during McDonald's tenure, Perficient "grew from eight employees to more than 1,200 worldwide and had annual sales of $200 million." According to the St. Louis Business Journal in August 2009, "during the second quarter, Perficient lost $196,000 on $44.9 million in revenue, compared with a $3.9 million profit on $59.1 million in revenue during the same period last year" (in 2008).
During Davis' tenure as CEO, the firm transitioned from the Nasdaq SmallCap Market to the Nasdaq Global Select Market. By 2014, Davis had helped[how?] Perficient buy 13 companies in deals worth a combined $232.3 million since taking over as CEO in 2009.
In 2011, Perficient acquired business and management consulting firm Exervio for $13.6 million. In 2012, Perficient acquired PointBridge Solutions, LLC for $22 million. Perficient then acquired services and technology consulting firm Nascent Systems LP in July, 2012. Also in 2012, Perficient acquired Northridge Systems.
In 2013, Perficent acquired TriTek Solutions Inc., an IBM-focused enterprise content management and business process management consulting firm for $18.5 million. Perficient then acquired two salesforce.com firms, CoreMatrix Systems LLC and Clear Task, Inc.
In 2014, the company made three acquisitions: ForwardThink Group, BioPharm Systems, and the IBM Smarter Commerce Division of Trifecta Technologies. Perficient also announced that year its plans to open a domestic delivery center in Lafayette, Louisiana.
In 2016, Perficient launched a new digital marketing agency called Perficient Digital. Over 200 Perficient employees work under the new Perficient Digital banner, with most of them in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Milwaukee; St. Louis; and Irvine, California.
In 2017, Perficient acquired RAS & Associates, LLC, a Denver-based management consultancy In June 2017, Perficient acquired Clarity Consulting a Chicago-based consultancy where approximately 160 technology, sales, consulting, and general and administrative professionals were added, making it the largest acquisition to date.
In 2018, Perficient acquired Southport Services Group, LLC, a Washington D.C.-based MicroStrategy shop, offering analytics and data expertise. In July 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, a Boston-based digital marketing agency founded by Eric Enge rounding out Perficient’s overall engagement in the digital space and depth around search engine optimization. In October 2018, Perficient acquired Elixiter, Inc.
In 2018, Perficient’s services revenue came in at $494 million, a year-over-year increase of 11%.
In May 2019, Perficient acquired Fargo, North Dakota-based Sun dog Interactive, a firm that provides business-to-business marketing and Salesforce consulting to leading manufacturers.
|Company||Date Acquired||Capabilities||Purchase Price||Former Headquarters|
|Elixiter, Inc.||October 29. 2018||Digital agency, Marketo||(undisclosed)||Bozeman, MT|
|Stone Temple Consulting Corporation||July 16, 2018||Digital agency||(undisclosed)||Framingham, MA|
|Southport Services Group||Apr 3, 2018||Data Analytics, Business Intelligence||(undisclosed)||Washington, DC|
|Clarity Consulting||June 23, 2017||Microsoft, Unified Communications||(undisclosed)||Chicago, IL|
|RAS & Associates||January 4, 2017||Management Consulting||(undisclosed)||Denver, CO|
|Bluetube||October, 2016||Digital agency||(undisclosed)||Atlanta, GA|
|Enlighten||December, 2015||Digital agency||(undisclosed)||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Market Street Solutions, Inc.||Sep, 2015||IT Consulting||$5.3 million||Chattanooga, Tennessee|
|Zeon Solutions Inc. and Grand River Interactive LLC||Jan, 2015||E-Commerce Solutions||$35.7 million||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|IBM Smarter Commerce Division of Trifecta Technologies||May, 2014||IBM WebSphere Commerce||$13.7 million||Allentown, Pennsylvania|
|BioPharm Systems||April, 2014||Life Sciences Technology Consulting||$17.6 million||San Francisco, California|
|ForwardThink Group||February, 2014||Financial Services Consulting||$46 million||New York City|
|CoreMatrix Systems LLC||October, 2013||salesforce.com||$21.5 million||New York City|
|Clear Task, Inc.||May, 2013||salesforce.com||$7.9 million||San Francisco|
|TriTek Solutions||May, 2013||IT Consulting||$18.5 million||Annandale, Virginia|
|Northridge||July, 2012||IT Services||$14.4 million||Atlanta|
|Nascent Systems LP||June, 2012||IT Services||$18.1 million||Dallas, Texas|
|PointBridge Solutions||February, 2012||Web Content Management||$22 million||Chicago|
|JCB Partners LLC||July, 2011||Enterprise Performance Management||$18 million||Denver, Colorado|
|Exervio, Inc.||April, 2011||Management Consulting||$13.6 million||Charlotte, NC|
|speakTECH||December, 2010||Web Design||$15 million||Costa Mesa, California|
|Kerdock Consulting||March, 2010||Enterprise Performance Management||$6 million||Houston, Texas|
|ePairs||November, 2007||CRM||$6 million||Cupertino, California|
|BoldTech Systems, Inc.||September, 2007||Offshoring||$20.8 million||Denver, Colorado|
|Tier1 Innovation, LLC||June, 2007||CRM||$14.3 million||Denver, Colorado|
|E-Tech Solutions||February, 2007||IT Consulting||$12.2 million||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Energy, Government and General Business (EGG) division of Digital Consulting & Software Services, Inc.||July, 2006||IT Consulting||$12.9 Million||Houston, Texas|
|Insolexen||May, 2006||Enterprise Application Integration||$13.4 million||Novi, Michigan|
|Bay Street Solutions||April, 2006||CRM||$9.3 million||San Francisco, California|
|Vivare||September, 2005||Service Oriented Architecture||$9.4 million||Dallas, Texas|
|iPath Solutions||June, 2005||Enterprise Content Management||$7.9 million||Houston, Texas|
|ZettaWorks LLC||March, 2005||IT Consulting||$10.7 million||Houston, Texas|
|Meritage Technologies||June, 2004||Enterprise Portals and Collaboration||$9.5 million||Columbus, Ohio|
|Genisys Consulting Inc.||April, 2004||IT Consulting||$7.9 million||Chicago|
|Vertecon Inc.||October, 2001||IT Consulting||(undisclosed)||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Javelin Solutions||October, 2001||IT Consulting||(undisclosed)||Minneapolis|
|Compete, Inc.||May, 2000||IT Consulting||$63 million||Lisle, Illinois|
|LoreData||December, 1999||IT Consulting||(undisclosed)||New London, Connecticut|
In 2013, Perficient made two acquisitions related to Salesforce.com: New York City-based CoreMatrix Systems and San Francisco-based ClearTask.
- "Financial Tables". Perficient Investor Relations. Retrieved 2017-10-09.
- "About Us | Perficient, Inc". www.perficient.com. Retrieved 2018-07-16.
- Whiting, Rick (14 October 2016). "5 Companies That Came To Win This Week". CRN. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- Jones, Donovan (2017-06-23). "Perficient Acquires Clarity Consulting For Microsoft Expertise". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- Perficient, Inc. President And CEO Jeff Davis Interviews With The Wall Street Transcript The Wall Street Transcript[dead link] Mar 7, 2011
- "Magento Partners with Adobe to Redefine Commerce Experience". Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- Perficient thinks vertical with latest acquisition ZDNet[permanent dead link] February 20, 2014
- "Vertecon purchased by Austin IT firm". www.bizjournals.com. 2001-10-03. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- "exhibit992.htm". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- Hawkins, Lori. "Former Perficient CEO Jack McDonald to launch new software venture". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- "Davis Named CEO of Perficient". St. Louis Business Journal. August 5, 2009.
- "Perficient, Inc. - Jeff Davis". The Wall Street Transcript. 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- "Efficient Perficient: How Jeff Davis turned Perficient into St. Louis next $500 million tech company". 2014-12-12.
- "Perficient buys Exervio for $13.6M" St. Louis Business Journal April 1, 2011
- "Perficient Acquires PointBridge Solutions" MarketWatch Feb 9, 2012
- "Perficient acquires Nascent Systems for $18 million". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Perficient Acquires Northridge Systems" Reuters, July 2, 2012
- "Perficient acquires TriTek Solutions for $18.5 million" St. Louis Business Journal, May 2, 2013
- Clancy, Heather. "Perficient thinks vertical with latest acquisition | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Perficient acquires Clear Task Inc. for about $7.9 million". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- Kuranda, Sarah (1 April 2014). "Perficient Expands Vertical Variety With $17.6 Million Acquisition Of BioPharm Systems". CRN. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "10-K: PERFICIENT INC". MarketWatch. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Perficient to open software development center in Lafayette" The Times-Picayune, Sep 4, 2014
- "Perficient acquires Tennessee IT consulting firm" St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Sep 18, 2015
- Post-Dispatch store (2015-12-04). "Perficient acquires digital marketing firm | Business". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Perficient launches digital agency". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Perficient Acquires RAS & Associates | Perficient, Inc". www.perficient.com. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- "Perficient acquires Chicago firm". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Perficient Acquires Southport Services Group | Perficient, Inc". www.perficient.com. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- "Perficient, Inc. - Jeff Davis". The Wall Street Transcript. 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Stone Temple Consulting has been acquired by Perficient - Search Engine Land". Search Engine Land. 2018-07-16. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- "Perficient Announces Acquisition of Elixiter | Perficient, Inc". www.perficient.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Perficient: A Slow But Steady Growth Story". 2019-04-18.
- "Acquisitive St. Louis-based IT consulting firm eyes more deals by year's end". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Perficient Acquires Stone Temple Consulting | Perficient, Inc". www.perficient.com. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- Feldt, Brian. "IT consultant Perficient buys East Coast data analytics firm". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- Novinson, Michael (2017-01-04). "Perficient Buys $9M Management Consultancy to Drive End User Technology Investments". CRN. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Perficient acquires Atlanta digital consulting agency - St. Louis Business Journal". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "Perficient acquires Michigan digital marketing firm" St. Louis Business Journal, Dec 4, 2015
- "Perficient buys Tennessee IT firm for $5.3 million" St. Louis Business Journal, Sep 18, 2015
- "Perficient to acquire Zeon Solutions for $35.7 million" St. Louis Business Journal, Dec 18, 2014
- "Perficient Acquires IBM Smarter Commerce Division of Trifecta Technologies" MarketWatch, May 8, 2014
- "Biopharm Systems Acquired By Perficient" Clinical Leader, April 10, 2014
- "Perficient Named a Salesforce Platinum Consulting Partner". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Perficient extends acquisition streak, expands Salesforce.com integration skills ZDNet October 15, 2013
- Perficient, Inc (PRFT): The Next Big Cloud Computing Stock? SKYY SmallCap Network October 17, 2013
- Perficient Acquires Northridge Systems, Adds To SharePoint Expertise CRN Magazine July 2, 2012
- Perficient Expands Its Oracle EBS Expertise With Nascent Buyout BNET June 5, 2012
- "Perficient Acquires PointBridge Solutions" MarketWatch, February 9, 2012
- "Perficient buys JCB in $18 million deal" St. Louis Business Journal, July 1, 2011
- Perficient buys speakTECH for $15M St. Louis Business Journal December 15, 2010
- Perficient buys Kerdock Consulting St. Louis Business Journal March 29, 2010
- Perficient Acquires ePairs, Inc. BNET November 23, 2007
- Perficient Acquires BoldTech for $20.8M Marketwatch September 21, 2007
- Tier1 Innovation Sells for $14.3M Denver Business Journal June 26, 2007
- Perficient says acquires E-Tech Solutions for $12.2 mln Reuters February 21, 2007
- Perficient Expands Portfolio with EGG Acquisition TMCNet July 21, 2006
- Perficient buys Michigan firm for $13 million Austin Business Journal May 31, 2006
- Perficient to Buy Bay Street Solutions Austin Business Journal April 7, 2006
- Perficient Buys Dallas IT Consulting Firm Austin Business Journal September 6, 2005
- Austin IT consulting firm buys iPath for $7.9M HOUSTONBizJournal June 13, 2005
- Perficient completes ZettaWorks purchase Austin Business Journal March 7, 2005
- Perficient acquires Columbus company Austin Business Journal June 21, 2004
- Perficient buys Illinois company for $7.9M Austin Business Journal April 5, 2004
- Vertecon purchased by Austin IT firm Saint Louis Business Journal October 3, 2001
- Perficient to acquire consulting firm October 29, 2001
- Perficient Plans to Acquire Compete for up to $63 Million February 17, 2000
- "Perficient, a Prominent Microsoft Solution Provider, Buys Another in PointBridge for $22 Million" IT ChannelPlanet February 2012
- "Perficient Relocates Dallas Office, Establishes Base Center of Excellence for Oracle Technology Practice" Archived 2013-05-16 at the Wayback Machine Enhanced Online News, January 13, 2012
- "IBM Partners Prep for Social Business at Lotusphere 2012" eWeek, January 15, 2012
- Cocks, Heather. "Perficient to install WebSphere for IBM". Austin American Statesman. November 3, 2000. https://www.newspapers.com/image/357288706/?terms=Perficient%2Bto%2Binstall%2BWebSphere%2Bfor%2BIBM
- "Pivotal Names Perficient a Systems Integrator Customer Impact Partner Award Winner for Achievements in Cloud Innovation". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2019-09-30.
- "Sitecore Names Perficient Digital a 2018 Experience Award Winner for Dignity Health Patient Experience Pathways". www.businesswire.com. 2018-10-08. Retrieved 2019-09-30.