This article does not cite any sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A performance car is one that exhibits above average abilities in one or more of the following areas: acceleration, top speed, cornering, and braking. It is debated how much performance is required to move classification from standard to high performance.
Further classification of performance cars is possible in the following categories:
- Grand tourer — a luxury performance car designed for high speed and long-distance driving
- Hot hatch — a high-performance version of mass-produced hatchback model
- Muscle car — a large American rear-wheel drive car with a V8 engine
- Sports sedan — a high-performance version of a sedan model
- Supercar — an expensive high-end sports car, with hypercars being the most expensive and fastest supercars.
Aston Martin DBS V12 - grand tourer
Volkswagen Golf GTI - hot hatch
BMW M5 - sports sedan
Ferrari 488 Pista - supercar
Pontiac GTO - muscle car