Performance science is the multidisciplinary study of human performance. It draws together methodologies across numerous scientific disciplines, including those of biomechanics, economics, physiology, psychology, and sociology, to understand the fundamental skills, mechanisms, and outcomes of performance activities and experiences. It carries implications for various domains of skilled human activity, often performed under extreme stress and/or under the scrutiny of audiences or evaluators. These include performances across the arts, sport, education, and business, particularly those occupations involving the delivery of highly trained skills such as in surgery and management.
Centers of research and teaching
- USC Performance Science Institute, University of Southern California
- 711th Human Performance Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- Centre for Human Performance Sciences, Stellenbosch University
- Centre for Performance Science, a partnership of the Royal College of Music and Imperial College London
- Human Performance Science Research Group, University of Edinburgh
- Performance and Science Working Group, Theatre and Performance Research Association
- Performance Science Unit, Sports Institute for Northern Ireland
- Environmental psychology
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Military psychology
- Music psychology
- Sport psychology
- Williamon, Aaron. "Frontiers in Psychology: Performance Science; Scope". Frontiers in Psychology: Performance Science. Frontiers Media. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "USC Performance Science Institute". Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- "Centre for Human Performance Sciences, Stellenbosch University". Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Centre for Performance Science". Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Human Performance Science Research Group, University of Edinburgh". Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Performance and Science Working Group, TaPRA". Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Sports Institute for Northern Ireland". Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- International Symposium on Performance Science
- Frontiers in Psychology: Performance Science (journal)
|This social science-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|