This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of Publicis Groupe, public|
|Industry||Search Engine Marketing|
|Founded||Chicago, Illinois (1998) as Dynamic Trade|
|David Gould, CEO, Performics Worldwide|
Craig Greenfield, COO, Performics Worldwide
|Products||Search Engine Marketing|
Number of employees
Performics is a performance marketing agency that provides paid search, natural search, social, display, affiliate and mobile marketing solutions to a variety of Fortune 500 and smaller clients. Performics is owned by the French advertising holding company Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris: FR0000130577).
Performics is based in Chicago, Illinois, but operates in 34 markets globally. They service approximately 200 clients, including Bose, Reckitt Benckiser Kohl's, Verizon Wireless, Toyota and LVMH. It was voted one of the top workplaces in Chicago by employees as reported by The Chicago Tribune in 2011, and 2012.
- Founded (as Dynamic Trade) as an Affiliate marketing company in 1998 by James (Jamie) Crouthamel who served as CEO until the sale in 2004
- Launched Search Engine Marketing Services in 2001
- Was acquired for $58 million (in cash plus an earn-out of up to $7 million) by DoubleClick in 2004
- DoubleClick announced the acquisition of DoubleClick (including Performics) by Google for $3.1 Billion in April 2007. The acquisition was finalized in March 2008 after the approval of the Department of Justice antitrust authorities in the United States and the Brussels-based European Commission, the antitrust authority of the European Union.
- The controversial search engine marketing and optimization part of Performics was acquired by Publicis in 2008, after the purchase of DoubleClick by Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) had been finalized. The affiliate network part of DoubleClick Performics remained with Google and was re-branded Google Affiliate Network.
- Goodyear Tyre appointed Performics as its SEO agency in 11 asia pacific markets in 2017.
- Performics promoted Amy Krauss to U.S. Chief Operating Officer in October 2017.
- David Gould appointed Global CEO after Michael Kahn named global president of Boston based Digitas. Formal leadership transition date of October 26, 2017.
- "Chicago's Top Workplaces 2011: The Winners". The Chicago Tribune. November 2011. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- "Chicago's Top Workplaces 2012: The Winners". The Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- The ClickZ Network (May 17, 2004), DoubleClick Acquires Performics Archived 2007-08-09 at the Wayback Machine, ClickZ.com, retrieved August 12, 2007
- Paul R. La Monica (April 13, 2007), Google to buy DoubleClick for $3.1 billion, CNN Money, retrieved January 15, 2009
- Lane R Ellis (March 11, 2008), Google Gets E.U. Go-Ahead For DoubleClick Merger Archived 2013-02-08 at Archive.today, Search Engine World, retrieved January 15, 2009
- Loren Baker (April 16, 2007), What Will Google Do With Performics?, Search Engine Journal, retrieved January 15, 2009
- Google Completes Sale of Performics (Sept 10, 2008),, NYTimes.com, retrieved November 11, 2008
- Tan, Janice. "Goodyear Tyre appoints SEO agency for 11 APAC markets". Marketing Interactive. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "Performics Names Amy Krauss to U.S. Chief Operating Officer - NewsCenter.io". NewsCenter.io. 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- Lindsay Rittenhouse (Oct 11, 2017), Publicis Creates a New Data Division Called Spine, and Shifts DigitasLBi to Its Media Hub, AdWeek.com, retrieved October 26, 2017